F1

Are Red Bull using traction control?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    mclaren
    Participant

Italia press reckons Red Bull are using an illegal traction control system. Firstly it wouldn’t be a surprise if these rumours have some substance given their history.

http://www.f1pulse.com/news/2013061832/red-bull-cheating-by-using-banned-traction-control-?-report?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+f1pulse+(Latest+on+F1+Pulse)

Here is original link:
    http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1/2013/06/17-13394/Le+strane+tracce+della+Red+Bull

andae23
    Participant

/thread

andae23
    Participant

This is basically what happened:

Nick
    Participant

Sebastian Vettel’s three wins this season may have to do less with his ability and more to do with an illegal component in his car, if the latest speculation is to be believed.

For crying out loud, some people just do not want to accept Vettel might be a good driver. I can’t stand the guy, but how hard does talent have to hit these people in the face to see it?

DavidS
    Participant

The Italian press is renowned for their balanced and objective F1 journalism.

Also, just to throw some crazy conspiracy theory out there…Ferrari launch-control.

Tomsk
    Participant

Why is Scarbs bringing chef’s hats into it?

mnmracer
    Participant

The Italian press is renowned for their balanced and objective F1 journalism.

Yellow flag-gate :lol:
    They really are a silly bunch.

crr917
    Participant

Yes, a Pulitzer right there. Good job f1pulse.

Nick
    Participant

@DavidS I’m surprised there haven’t been any articles about Ferrari betraying Italy in recent years; they seemed to be a weekly thing back when Schumacher wasn’t winning titles for them.

mcewan7
    Participant

“Just drivetrain oscillation?” Could be, I’m no expert but it begs the question why none of the other cars leaving these kind of markings?

Surely RBR are not the only ones with an oscillating drivetrain!

mnmracer
    Participant

Both Mercedes and Force India have left those marks in Canada.

Nick
    Participant

“Just drivetrain oscillation?” Could be, I’m no expert but it begs the question why none of the other cars leaving these kind of markings?

Surely RBR are not the only ones with an oscillating drivetrain!

@mnmracer already posted some pictures showing other teams left the same kind of marks, but even at that, a drivetrain is prone to influences from wear, set-up from the rest of the car and driver input. It’s not like all drivetrains in all cars at all times would cause any car to leave the same tyremarks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m laughing right now. Quite hard in fact.

Jon Sandor
    Participant

Everyone should have a dream, I guess. It’s nice that the poor fools who were praying that Brazil 2012 would be overturned because “Vettel passed under a yellow flag!!!” have found a new Forlorn Hope.

Pssst! Vettel has a secret bottle of NO2 under his seat! Pass it on!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.