• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 9 hours, 47 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Are Red Bull using traction control?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jon Sandor
    Jon Sandor

Everyone should have a dream, I guess. It’s nice that the poor fools who were praying that Brazil 2012 would be overturned because “Vettel passed under a yellow flag!!!” have found a new Forlorn Hope.

Pssst! Vettel has a secret bottle of NO2 under his seat! Pass it on!

Profile photo of Fixy
    Fixy
    Participant

The article highlights that a fan noticed the strange behaviour of the car and he gave an explanation for it. The journalist gives no personal opinion, he is reporting a rumour and also cites the counter-arguments provied by the reader. If they decided to give space to a fan’s opinion it was to provoke debate and because they had no 100% sure answers. The article only asks questions, but gives no answer.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

I don’t know how anyone can deny this. Clearly Red Bull are using traction control. There’s also clear evidence that they are using ABS, Active Stability Management, active suspension, Nitrous Oxide, unlimited KERS and DRS, V10 engines, EBDs, DDDs, a fan, ground effects, Skid Recovery Force and the technology from the cars in Wipeout 2097.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

I think it’s a very interesting approach to determining if a car benefits from traction control. It’s not crazy to believe that cars without traction control would leave a different signature on the track than cars with traction control which should have more corrections. The FIA could find a scientific basis for reviewing the track marks.

Getting back to Red Bull, are they doing that? Sometimes when you see the lead the RB builds over the first couple of corners as it did at Montreal, it’s hard for anyone to accept that the car does that simply on aerodynamic superiority but then again maybe it does.

As the saying goes “where there is smoke there is fire” so I think there’s a good chance that Red Bull are not entirely playing by the same rules but I would imagine they are using a loose interpretation of the FIA rules versus blatantly breaking them which would at least give them some fighting ground and the chance to contain the damage to the team and brand should they be caught.

Profile photo of Dion
    Dion
    Participant

@david-a also unlimited amounts of lightning bolts and banana peels.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

@freelittlebirds

The FIA could find a scientific basis for reviewing the track marks.

The FIA hasn’t found irregularities and no other team has protested Red Bull over alleged Traction Control. The FIA has more cameras than us, more info than us, F1 teams have spies on the track and in the pitlane, I think in today’s F1, it would be really hard for a fan to find something on the car, someone from inside the paddock could not.

Sometimes when you see the lead the RB builds over the first couple of corners as it did at Montreal, it’s hard for anyone to accept that the car does that simply on aerodynamic superiority but then again maybe it does.

Vettel is a pretty good driver, his set up might have been better than the Mercedes’, the Mercedes’ were different strategies, Webber and Alonso were already behind due to having to break earlier with cars in front, Webber even cited his car was overheating due to running so close to the guy in front of him. Vettel doesn’t grab such a lead simply because of aerodynamics, but because of a lot of factors.

As the saying goes “where there is smoke there is fire” so I think there’s a good chance that Red Bull are not entirely playing by the same rules but I would imagine they are using a loose interpretation of the FIA rules versus blatantly breaking them which would at least give them some fighting ground and the chance to contain the damage to the team and brand should they be caught.

People claimed Ferrari had illegal traction control prior to its legalization in 2002. Proof was never found. People were also sure Kimi was going to Williams in 2012. At some point in 1998, people were sure Schumacher was going to join Hakkinen at McLaren, which people were sure of were also cheating somehow that season. The saying is nice, but like in real life, doesn’t always mean the full rumor is true.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

@Nick I agree with your counterpoints.

Jon Sandor

“where there is smoke there is fire”

And where there are F1 fans, there are a whole lot of people sniffing fresh air and exclaiming “I smell smoke!” and looking at clouds and shouting “Smoke!”

Profile photo of Kingshark
    Kingshark
    Participant

Red Bull? Cheating?

Never.

Profile photo of crr917
    crr917
    Participant

Red Bull? Cheating?
    Never.

Fact.

Profile photo of craig-o
    craig-o
    Participant

Don’t all the teams use the same ECU anyway? If RBR have illegal TC, then all the teams do.

Profile photo of karter22
    karter22
    Participant

@kingshark

Red Bull? Cheating?

Never.

Sarcasm?? LMAO!!
    I for one do see smoke here… I find it terribly funny reading comments such as: ” how hard does talent have to hit people in the face to recognize it” or something like that… Same could be said the other way around… How hard does the fact that RBR are not squeaky clean have to hit people in the face to realize it? One does not build up such a lead in just one lap like that, no matter how talented somebody is. Valencia comes to mind also with a weird sounding RBR… That is what I hate about F1 nowadays. They keep shoving this guy down everybody´s throats making him out like he´s superhuman or something like that. If he is so talented and so out of this world, his poor start in Brazil 2012 never would have happened. Blame Senna all you want, the fact is SV choked turning in thinking everybody had to get out of his way.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

I see a lot of dots and an angry person.

Profile photo of Mads
    Mads
    Participant

@karter22
    Are you for real? Or just new to F1?
    There has always been a performance difference between each of the cars. That is kind of the point of F1. Usually it doesn’t have anything to do with cheating.

Jon Sandor

I did notice Vettel opening up a few seconds lead over Hamilton in the opening laps at Montreal. Of course I also noticed Hamilton opening up a few seconds lead over Rosberg in the opening laps. (Who in turn was leading Webber in his “illegally traction controlled” car)

For some reason the first is a raging fire of evidence demonstrating RB’s flagrant cheating, while the second is merely evidence of LH being a very good driver. I’d say “Funny how that works” but it stopped being amusing and started being irritating a while ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.