F1

Red bull X1 from Gran Turismo 5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Eggry
    Participant

http://pds20.egloos.com/pds/201010/19/69/a0010769_4cbd420a68f63.jpg

http://pds18.egloos.com/pds/201010/19/69/a0010769_4cbd420b0e5e1.jpg

http://pds19.egloos.com/pds/201010/19/69/a0010769_4cbd420a804de.jpg

Adrian Newey designed the fastet car in the world. of course not real but only in game. Vettel recoreded 20sec faster lap time than the track recored(probably by Kimi) at his first ran. It doesn’t follow any regulation but only for extreme engineering design. How do you think? Do you think it does make sense or bullshit? :-D

SteveMovieVoice
    Participant

Ive done something on this already.

https://www.racefans.net/forum/topic.php?id=404

*Insert Adrian Newey breakdown joke here*

sw6569
    Participant

seems a bit silly to me.

Scribe
    Participant

Interesting, fan car is it then? We’ve already had one of those.

Rucknar
    Participant

I believe Newey was invited by the GT5 team to create a car without the restrictions f1 currently has.

I for one would love to see f1 cars once again pushing the boundaries of physics and engineering. Imagine what innovation we could see if there were very few rules! Simply amazing!

David-A
    Participant

I’d rather have had the RB6 in the game to be honest…

But the F2007 will still do nicely!

Metrium
    Participant

No air brakes?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’d rather have had the RB6 in the game to be honest…

They can’t. Licencing issues prevent it from happening.

Scribe
    Participant

Want to see it drive now!

David-A
    Participant

They can’t. Licencing issues prevent it from happening.

I know, it was just wishful thinking.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Metrium – with a car that light there’s no need for air brakes I recon. Assuming it were to be real of course.

By the way what a insane car it is, I’d love to see it produced. Man,look at that fan! With no aerodynamic restrictions to generate downforce and the groud effect it should stick to the track like glue.

Hare
    Participant

Surely, having a car that can go as fast as you can design it to go, is the very founding spirit of F1. Doesn’t that appeal to everyone?

There’s gotta be a billionaire’s playground niche here, for a racing series that blows F1 out of the ‘pinnacle of motorsport’ waters

Icthyes
    Participant

There’s gotta be a billionaire’s playground niche here, for a racing series that blows F1 out of the ‘pinnacle of motorsport’ waters

The FIA would ban it on safety grounds. They’d have to do it in Nevada or something.

Hare
    Participant

Well, Assuming billionaires can afford to go where they like. Modern media would have no trouble reporting it back to the rest of the world. In a theoretical sport like this, who cares about the FIA?

To answer my own question, anyone who is participating in any way in any other FIA sanctioned event would care, as they could and probably would have their licences revoked, or some kind of punishment imposed.

The ethical point though is, that we’re not really seeing the fastest of the fast, or the pinnacle of the beast that is motorsport. It’s not at it’s full potential. It’s been tethered to so a ‘safe’ and sensible speed. It feels neutered somewhat.

I doubt it’ll ever happen, but I’d love to see an F1P league, where the imagination is not held back by a long list of hereditary mandates about sizes of this and that.

Driver safety is a must, but they’re pretty good at that today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.