F1

Renault to become Lotus, Lotus to become Air Asia?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

Lotus, Renault and some changes afoot

This is getting ridiculous now…

ogamii
    Participant

Sweet! I’ve been supporting Team Air Asia this year and will keep an eye them but I have had a niggling in the back of my head that “it’s not really lotus”.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I’d be surprised – wouldn’t changing the name have all sorts of implications who gets what amount of TV money at the end of the year?

Journeyer
    Participant

If Tony and Mike aren’t “really Lotus”, I shudder to think of what Dany and his gang are…

Eggry
    Participant

or maybe Force Malaysia?

Red Andy
    Participant

Someone on the main site a few weeks back told me what the Malay word is for lotus (the flower), I reckon they should use that if they’re not allowed to use the proper name!

Bullfrog
    Participant

I think Lotus should become Renault.

Victor.
    Participant

Imagine the black paintjob coming back… OMG OMG OMG =O

ogamii
    Participant

Tony and Mike are doing a great job but when the dispute over the name started it left a bad taste in my mouth. I realise it happens all the time but i’m not a fan of the concept of purchasing heritage, honouring it I understand.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

It’s just occurred to me that if Renault are Lotusified, they will most likely lose their amazing yellow and black livery. For that reason alone I’m against this move

Atanu
    Participant

I am with you Ned.. The Renault Livery is by far the best of century by far….

Victor.
    Participant

I agree – it is fantastic. But if the black Lotus livery comes back you can hardly be against it!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    TommyB
    Participant

Haha love the post from Buxton.

sbl on tour
    Participant

interesting stuff, lotus should change their name to “fag packet engineering”, think colin chapman would like that!

sblot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.