F1

Richard Hammond's F1 connections

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Skett
    Participant

Just found this on iplayer, seems pretty interesting. Anyone else checked it out?

EDIT: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011dcb2/Richard_Hammonds_Engineering_Connections_Series_3_Formula_1/

(This is Tommy, you forgot the link :P)

JT19
    Participant

Yeah i watched it, kinda good. That Manfred Winkelhock crash was ‘something’!! It floated up into the air!

I was fascinated how the pistons work in an engine, the tighter they are, the more faster and powerful they become.

Zadak

That was ground effect gone wrong

tell me if I’m wrong

Calum
    Participant

The fuel tank bit was very interesting, I’d never seen the kevlar bag before.

DavidS
    Participant

People outside the UK won’t be able to watch it.

I’ll keep an eye out for this elsewhere though, looks interesting.

Mads
    Participant
    foocode
    Participant

Saw this two weeks ago on Discovery channel in Aus (on Foxtel – which is what they call Sky here).

brendant
    Participant

Pretty good, really liked the Team Lotus guys and their hi-tech method of getting the fuel tank in! And was that Coulthard driving around Silverstone?

I wish the show had some better writing, though…

“So this stuff is really stronger than steel?”

“Yes, it is much stronger than steel.”

“Wow, I can’t believe this stuff is stronger than steel!”

Movement

Its a bit simple, and repetitive (i.e. F1 cars go fast thanks to eighteenth century cannon technology is not quite true. And then saying again and again, wow, that went 25% further, wow, that went so much further, wow, that made such a difference!)

But, the tenuous connections aside its fairly interesting. If I had a child between the age of 8-14 it would probably help make them find engineering exciting, which I guess is its purpose.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.