F1

Sahara Force India’s future looks bleak

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aish Heydrich
    Participant

We all know about Vijay Mallya’s dwindling economic condition as he struggles to pay off his airlines’s debt, but here is another news about the team’s title sponsor Sahara whose chief faces arrest in India for some kind of investment fraud.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

I’ll personally be rather happy if they divest their team. Vijay Mallya used to call himself the “Richard Branson of India” while Sir Branson was all “Vijay who…?”
    He later turned out to be a cheap version of Flavio Briatore.
    I would be happy to see a new team in their place, at least I won’t have to see their disgusting and boring eye watering liveries and solid mid field pace of the drivers.

Force India’s stint in F1 will also sum up the whole automobile situation in India as well in one word and that’s “Traffic.”

wsrgo
    Participant

An arrest order is being drafted against Subroto Roy, owner of the Sahara India Group. Considering that he owns a significant stake in the team(42.5%), it is really bad news for FI…

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Force India’s owners have been in and out of financial and legal troubles for months. And in that time, the team has not been affected once. Whatever the problems of Mallya and Roy, the team has remained isolated – and therefore insulated – from them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.