F1

sbl on tour 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    sbl on tour
    Participant

the options we now have for next year are monza or le mans,

unoffical tours have gone to monza 1999, 2004, 2006 and 2008 and le mans in 1997

decision time, which one would you choose and why?

incidently, anybody what to tag along…

damonsmedley
    Participant

Normally, I’d say Monza unequivocally. But having watched this year’s Le Mans 24 Hour race, I can’t decide which I’d rather! Considering you’ve been to Monza not that long ago, perhaps it’s time to give Le Mans a whirl again. Then make sure you go to Monza or at least one Grand Prix in 2013 so you can hear the current engines for the last time.

GeeMac
    Participant

I agree with Damon on this one. You’ve already been to Monza 4 times and Le Mans this year was epic. Judging by Peugeot’s performances at Silverstone, Imola and Spa they’ll push Audi all the way at Le Mans next year, so it should be another cracker.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I’m in the exact same boat! I’m trying to decide between the two as well, having never been to either. With Le Mans not clashing with Formula 1 I’m tempted by that, and a road trip to France would be brilliant, but Monza…It’s Monza!

sbl on tour
    Participant

never mind 2012, wish we,d planned a trip to nz this year!!!

come on ireland!

DamionShadows
    Participant

I’d say LeMans considering the Audi/Peugeot feud just got bumped up a few notches at Petit LeMans when Dr. Ulrich said “That’s why Frank Montagny doesn’t drive for me and why he will NEVER drive for me” after his questionable move on Romain Dumas as we was about to pass Montagny for the lead.

sbl on tour
    Participant

theres division in t,camp!

Asanator
    Participant

Hmmmm it is a tricky one, I’ve been to Monza and was lucky enough to see a Ferrari win, the place went MENTAL!

Le Mans is a great weekend, I’ve been many times and would recommend it massively, especially if you are going in a big group, we usually get there on the Wednesday after a good thrash through France and Leave on the Monday morning. It is awesome fun and the atmosphere is fantastic with a massive variety of motoring hardware to drool over both on track and in the camp sites.

One of my favourite moments was blagging our way into the paddock area behind the pits (no passes) during the race and meeting many of the drivers between shifts, then somehow we managed to sneak THROUGH a pit garage and found ourselves in the actual pit lane during the race for all of 5 minutes before being pounced on by officialdom and cast back into the paddock area. Being so close to the action as cars came in and out of the pits was amazing and something I will never forget!

TommyB
    Participant

Can I buy a tour t-shirt?

sbl on tour
    Participant

thats easy tommy, anything with ferrari or alonso on it, however that has to come off when visit we our pal in a rival garage!

asanator, with blagging like that you should be in the sbl, when I was there in 97, I blagged my way into the main stand beside the famous clock and sat in the lotus owners seats, they never showed for the finish so I was able to stay and watch the celebtations on the podium, BEEZER

blaggin yer way in , ah theres some stories there, in fact that could be a post in its own rite

damonsmedley
    Participant

What does ‘sbl’ stand for, sbl? I’ve always wondered. And I want one of your t-shirts too, please.

Asanator
    Participant

Ahhh, the Beer mountains!

sbl on tour
    Participant

well le mans is booked
    asanator – just sussed out the beer mountains, excellent

on a different note thats me off the site now (f1 forum)for a while, only will log on once a week at the most, its been nice conversing with you all even if we havnt always agreed on things

damon- sbl stands for “sad boys league”, started in 2001 as a fantaasy fi predicks competition, however as i,m sure you have already sussed B doesnt stand for boys!!!!

damonsmedley
    Participant

@sbl-on-tour

on a different note thats me off the site now (f1 forum)for a while, only will log on once a week at the most, its been nice conversing with you all even if we havnt always agreed on things

Why? :(

sbl on tour
    Participant

well i,m getting a bit bored with F1, at the minute, so i,m stayinf offside until Iget my passion back, also spending more time on beermountain sussing out the le mans trip

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.