F1

senna movie in uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sbl on tour
    Participant

sblot lads went to see this tonight, excellent stuff, mind you prost came out as the villian and its the first time i,ve heard anyone disagree with jys in conversation

also discussed at length afterwards over a few beers were the talents of lee mckenzie….

robbiepblake
    Participant

I do not think Prost came across as the villain in this film at all. Yes, he was the cold, calculating yin to Senna’s passionate, all-or-nothing yang but it hardly painted either of them in black and white.

At times it showed Senna was somewhat wrong and remorseful (such as when he ran Prost off the road) and at other times it showed the clashes between the two were much more complicated than simple rivalry – such as when Senna continued to race by going through the chicane only for Prost to complain and have the title stripped from Senna, but what was Senna to do? Drive into oncoming traffic?

If anything the villain of the film was the FIA, particularly Balestre who during one of the pre-race meetings comes across as arrogant and unconcerned about the safety of anyone. Selective editing, possibly, but it’s still well balanced and fair.

cyanide
    Participant

Balestre came out as the villian. Senna came out as a martyr.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I actually didn’t enjoy the film. To me it felt slightly like a YouTube tribute video. I enjoyed seeing some of the unseen footage but I left the cinema feeling underwhelmed. I didn’t feel like the film made the viewer connect in any way with Senna as a person.

Covered at length in many other articles, we really don’t need a forum topic for it:

Senna movie archive

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.