• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 19 hours, 47 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Senna to McLaren?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sw6569 sw6569 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rampante
    rampante
    Participant

the problem is along with a very slow car he has been beaten by everyone else who has driven the HRT this year. The name means nothing without the Ayton in front of it. We have had several sons of drivers and they all did their own thing. Trying to link with deceased uncles is a bit much. Mclaren have never been my favourite team(or even close) but not even I could wish for such a pairing.

Profile photo of US_Peter
    US_Peter
    Participant

Maybe as a test driver. That’s about all I could imagine.

As far as sons and nephews go, I think Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg are probably the only two so far that have really proven their merit apart from their family names.

Profile photo of US_Peter
    US_Peter
    Participant

Maybe as a test driver. That’s about all I could imagine.

As far as sons and nephews go, I think Damon Hill and Nico Rosberg are probably the only two so far that have really proven their merit apart from their family names.

Profile photo of sw6569
    sw6569
    Participant

…and Villeneuve.

I don’t know about Senna yet and I think its rather impossible to judge him at the moment. However, it was probably a tell tale sign of his actual ability that Brawn chose Barrichello over him. Thats no disrespect against Rubens, but he was getting old even then and I think many of us were shocked when Brawn made that decision. In hindsight of course, it turned out to be a great decision for Brawn.

Also, as Brundle has alluded to before, being an F1 driver is about confidence. Look at Massa this year with sub par performances, yet some great performances from last year. With Senna being in that dog of a car (and quite frankly, dog of a team) then I can’t blame him for running at the back. We can judge him next year, but not right now I don’t think.

He wont go to McLaren yet (if ever) but i’d like to see him be given a chance elsewhere

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.