Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 day ago

F1 discussion

Seriously… part of the reason BBC had to give away the F1?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of matt90 matt90 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Estesark
    Estesark
    Participant

[Moderator hat on]

Regardless of the exact wording of the original post, I think everyone is clear about what the meaning is now, so please stick to the discussion. Thanks.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

But nor should anyone assumed that everyone who reads a forum post will come to the poster’s same concllusions, regardless of how much was actually posted.

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Are you inherently incapable of realising you were at fault/error?

To keep this a bit more on topic, it seems preposterous that the BBC funds sky in this way.

Profile photo of electrolite
    electrolite
    Participant

I know that BBC spend £60m a year on Radio 4, if I remember correctly. Now I’m a bit torn if that’s too much or about right. The station is something of a national treasure. but the target age group is about 55 and that’s one station out of all the BBC’s radio output. Formula 1 appeals to all ages and intellects. What makes this is all a shame to me is that BBC did the coverage well. Really well.

Profile photo of James Brickles
    James Brickles
    Participant

@electrolite – I think you’re about right with the Radio cost, I seem to vaguely remember a figure in the £60m region.

Roughly a pound per person per year. That’s not really much, is it?

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

So let me get this straight, the BBC has to pay Sky so people can watch BBC channels through satellite? Surely the vast majority can watch them through a normal freeview box?

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

Yeah, part of the reason that’s a joke is that I’m a licence payer, I don’t also have sky, so I in no way see the portion of my money (however small) that’s been sent to sky.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.