F1

Shocks to expect in Melbourne

• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mclaren
    Participant

This really is getting exciting, i never have experienced such a tantalising wait in an f1 pre-season, according to German press, RB bosses are getting worried at how quick Mercs and Ferrari were able to lap at Barcelona, with all experts expecting “shocks” and heads to be “turned” come Melbourne; this is my list of the expected “shocks”:

1)Mercs front row Lock-out, clear by 0.5 secs
    2)Red Bull really struggle and only 1 driver makes Q3
    3)Mclaren are off the pace and struggle like RB
    4)Both Williams in top 8
    5)Marussia make Q2 ahead of Torro Rosso

Todfod
    Participant

Maldonado, Grosjean and Bottas occupy the P1, P2 and P3 slots on the grid respectively.

I think this could actually happen

wsrgo
    Participant

If Maldonado and Grosjean occupy the front row, two people should be ready to go out on track ASAP:
    1. Bernd Maylander
    2. Whoever is driving the ambulance
    Not to mentions the marshals, they should duck first though.

AdrianMorse
    Participant

This year there seems to be a heightened sense of expectation that something really exciting is going to happen, so the biggest shock will be if Vettel and Red Bull are comfortably out in front, with Ferrari and McLaren following. In other words, the biggest shock would be a return of the 2011 season.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Please no lol

Alex green
    Participant

sky or the bbc to mention anybody else apart from lewis would be the biggest shock

Penfold
    Participant

I’m sure Coulthard will occasionally mention di Resta.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Biggest shock- if Webber lifts a throphy at his home GP!!
    Could be his last year and I really hope he pulls that off at least once.

Polishboy808
    Participant

Both Saubers and both Williams make it to Q3. Hamilton Makes it into Q3 but only just, with Rosberg not making it to the final session. RBR Are fast and lock out the front row, Ferrari and the McLaren of Button fighting for 3rd-5th. Perez doesn’t make it into Q3 for his first race at McLaren.

Thats what I think we can expect in Australia.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Polishboy808 – “Both Saubers and both Williams make it to Q3”

That would be a shock mate- I am not a bettng man but would take a little wager on that one.
    Seems what most are saying is that Bottas will be in the mix from the outset?……….. new thread to follow.

Duncan Smith
    Participant

Rosberg to out-qualify Hamilton

Bullfrog
    Participant

If enough people expect it, is it still a shock?
    Look out for Toro Rosso. Their closest rivals have bagged all the attention over the winter with their driver changes, late announcements and so on, but continuity and stronger engineering could pay off and maybe get them deep into the top ten.
    More likely one of the fancied teams will struggle all weekend – Melbourne seems to be like that.

Timothy Katz
    Participant

Kimi refuses an ice cream.

raymondu999
    Participant

The biggest shocks to me would be if Rosberg knocks the socks off Lewis. And if Perez actually DOES turn out to be good.

Duncan Smith
    Participant

Chilton manages to get to lap 10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.