F1

Sightings in the wild…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So on my daily southerly commute down the north-Hertfordshire stretch of the A1(M), I overtook a lorry and thought to myself “I’ve never ever seen an F1 Transporter on the road, ever.”

On the odd occasion I’ve passed a handful of lower Formulae lorries carrying their precious cargo, even sighting an FIA Formula Two transporter last season, but that pinnacle, that shiny masterpiece of HGV engineering, decked out in the livery of an F1 team, has forever eluded me.

So… Who here has ever seen an F1 transporter out and about on the roads of Europe?

Maybe one snuck onto the Eurotunnel ahead of you at Calais, or you shot past one whilst doing 700mph on the Autobahn on your way to Hockenheim. Or you might be lucky enough to live on the outskirts of Jerez, and used to see them trundle through your town several times over the winter?

And no, sighting one as it reverses into position behind the pit garages doesn’t count.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope. Never. The closest I’ve came to any F1 related transport was some road car Lotus painted in the F1 team livery. I’d much rather see a transporter.

SamS
    Participant

Well! i live in Leicester and i have to travel to Andover (in hampshire) so i get to drive via Brackley and Silverstone, i had to do it the monday after Silverstone and saw: Renault, Red Bull, Merc, Bridgestone, Lotus and Virgin, but in general i have seen the Merc a few times and the Renault. It is hugely sad, but also quite exciting to see them on the road (even if they are just lorries!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was in Italy earlier this year and while driving to Florence from Rome, had seen a Ferrari’s F1 transporter on the autostrada. I have a picture of it and although it did not seem like the F1 car carrier (because of its width), am trying to figure out how to post it here (just registered on the forum).

Red Andy
    Participant

Arrived in Budapest the day after the 2008 Hungarian Grand Prix; on the train in I saw a Honda transporter on the motorway alongside the railway (heading in the opposite direction, of course).

Chilledout, I think the best thing to do if you want to show us a picture is to upload it to a free image host (like Photobucket or TwitPic) and then post the link on the forum.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know if it’s an F1 car transporter. It’s of a private company and I believe Ferrari would use their trucks. I think it’s a fan’s way of advertising his brand.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Was traveling down the M1 motorway and weirdly saw a Renault trailer i spotted this in something like June 2009

Ned Flanders
    Participant

On a visit to Italy in 2008, I happened to be driving down a road from Faenza to Brighella when I was overtaken by Robert Kubica driving a BMW Sauber F1 car on his way to collect the Lorenzo Bandini trophy. What an experience!

(Ok, so this never happened, but it would’ve been amazing to see)

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Coming back from the Festival of Speed this year I passed a Lotus transporter. Also passed another truck carrying something historic, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

Red Andy
    Participant

Also passed another truck carrying something historic, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

Bernie Ecclestone?

Maksutov
    Participant

” Also passed another truck carrying something historic, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

Bernie Ecclestone? “

lol

TrueF1Grit

The only time i’ve seen one moving was at Silverstone this year. I stayed for the World Cup party and Grand Prix Party. It was really really late and getting dark. As im not really interested in football. I turned around and watched all the F1 Lorries driving past. Horns blasting as they left! It was srange, because quite a few use standard lorries without livery. Then again theres HRT with some of the nicest trucks there!

Polishboy808
    Participant

Ive talked to many Indy drivers (Rafael Matos, Jay Howard, Danica patrick, and a few more) And am friends with an ALMS driver and the owner of Primetime Race Group, an ALMS LMPC team. But no F1 driver sightings sadly :(

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only time i’ve seen one moving was at Silverstone this year. I stayed for the World Cup party and Grand Prix Party. It was really really late and getting dark. As im not really interested in football. I turned around and watched all the F1 Lorries driving past. Horns golden blasting as they left! It was srange, because quite a few use standard lorries without livery. Then again theres HRT with some of the nicest trucks there!

Well, while working as a personal assistant for an (unnamed) celebrity, I got to meet Tony Kanaan, although now that he has left Andretti, I don’t think I’ll be running into him again. Gotta take what you can!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.