F1

Silly Season: 2015 F1 Driver Market

This topic contains 146 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  hunocsi 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Vettel is too relaxed at Red Bull, and probably wouldn’t go to Mercedes if Hamilton departed. It would be interesting to see if Mercedes send Wehrlein to bootcamp (Caterham) if tensions rise any higher with Lewis between now and lets say America.
    Jenson Button should hang up the gloves after this season if his form continues as it has all season bar Melbourne and Canada. I reckon Grosjean will reunite with Boullier next season as Grosjean has made it known that he wants out at Lotus. Pic should take his place if Romain does make the move.
    Bianchi shouldn’t stay at Marrusia next season, but has only really got Sauber to move to if Kimi and Fernando stay put. The problem with Sauber besides finance is the amount of drivers vying for the 2 seats available. Sutil, Gutierrez, van der Garde, and Sirotkin are all in the hunt for the seats with Bianchi. Just hours ago, de Silvestro’s managememt reported they had split from Sauber , which has persuaded me to believe Bianchi will drive there next year with either Gutierrez or van der Garde.
    This should provide Rossi with a drive next year, and I reckon Chilton has run his race, handing his spot to Ferrari Academy driver, Rafaelle Marciello.
    Kobayashi will take the familiar role of a Test Driver for McLaren this time around, making a few runs in practice for the Woking squad. Frijns should get the call up for Caterham IMO.

Here is my predicted 2015 grid:

Mercedes – Rosberg (WDC) & Hamilton
    Red Bull – Ricciardo & Vettel
    Ferrari – Alonso & Raikkonen
    Williams – Bottas & Massa
    McLaren – Magnussen & Grosjean
    Force India – Hulkenberg & Perez
    Toro Rosso – Kvyat & Verstappen
    Lotus – Maldonado & Pic
    Marrusia – Rossi & Marciello
    Sauber – Bianchi and Gutierrez (just)
    Caterham – Ericsson & Frijns

Ed Marques
    Participant

The same brazilian journalist that was right before the others on the Massa to Williams , Bruno Senna to Williams, and Hamilton to Mercedes move, is saying that Alonso already signed with Mclaren.
    He is a credible source, let’s see if he is right again.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@edmarques Could be true… but if Honda really are 3 months behind on development (considering they started early), then I can see McLaren ‘doing a 2014 Lotus’ – that really would be a shame for Alonso, just as Ferrari look like they can be a top 3 team again moving forwards. It could be Bianchi’s lucky day, or Hulkenberg.. or Vettel/Hamilton?

Broke84
    Participant

So then, big news today, drivers to leave teams but no announcements on where they will go, Vettel to Ferrari and Alonso to Mclaren I feel. What are your thoughts?

Edited by moderator: Duplicate topic merged with Silly Season: 2015 F1 Driver Market

jsw11984
    Participant

Now that Vettel has confirmed to be leaving Red Bull, and its still most likely Alonso is leaving, I suspect this would be the Ferrari/McLaren line uo

Ferrari

#1 – Vettel
    #2 – Raikkonen
    TD – Bianchi

I think we can all agree Vettel is almost certainly going to Ferrari in 2015, and Raikkonen will most likely stay as the second driver to keep some consistency within the team.

Bianchi being the most promising of the Ferrari Academy drivers thus far, will likely be placed as a reserve driver at Ferrari should the need arise, continuing his YDT performances in preparation for 2016 when Raikkonen retires, parterning Vettel.

McLaren

#1 – Alonso
    #2 – Magnussen
    TD – Button

Reason being, Button is a very experienced driver, has plenty of history with both McLaren and Honda, and with it being unlikely he will have an active F1 seat next year, I suspect he will be retained as a test/reserve driver due to his vast experience, i’m sure he’ll prove very useful in the setup of the car.

Obviously, he’ll have a permanent seat outside of F1 and I would like to suggest the possibility of him joining the Australian V8 Supercars, when he did the promo event at Bathurst back in 2011 he did allude to the fact he would like to join full time (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/button-eyes-v8s-after-record-blast-on-bathurst-mountain/story-fn7q3txe-1226026335505?nk=218707bfd4ad22d54322177e1cad7abd).

But I think more likely is a DTM or possibly Indycar drive.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

I’d like to see Button replace the rather disappointing Massa at Williams. I know Massa has a contract but – as today shows – clearly that means very little. I think it’d be nice for Button to return to Williams where he started his career and go full circle, he’d be a much better pair of hands than Felipe.

I also think Red Bull should bite the bullet and stick Verstappen straight into the RBR rather than the STR if they rate him so highly.

With new rumours, my ideal 2015 line-up:
    Mercedes
    Lewis Hamilton
    Nico Rosberg

Red Bull
    Daniel Ricciardo
    Daniil Kvyat

Williams
    Valtteri Bottas
    Jenson Button

Ferrari
    Sebastian Vettel
    Kimi Raikkonen

McLaren
    Fernando Alonso
    Kevin Magnussen

Force India
    Nico Hulkenberg
    Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso
    Max Verstappen
    Carlos Sainz Jr.

Lotus
    Romain Grosjean
    Pastor Maldonado

Marussia
    Jules Bianchi
    Alexander Rossi

Sauber
    Giedo van der Garde
    Jean-Eric Vergne

dragoll
    Participant

Speculation on Alonso’s 2015 seat is rife. However, here is Massa’s prediction…

Prof Kirk
    Participant

https://imgflip.com/i/cqdmj

How ” I ” Would like to see the grid, is I’m sure very different to how it will actually unfold.

Red Bull | Ricciardo | Verne

Williams | Bottas | Alonso

Ferrari | Vettel | Bianchi

Lotus | Grosjean | Ocon

Red Bull approached Daniil Kyvatt and told him that they were going to pretend to “promote” him just to silence the media whilst they continued to negotiate contracts. They eventually decided to go with Verne. Alonso makes a surprise announcement he will be replacing Felipe Massa “Felipe, Alonso would like your car, do you understand?”. Kimi decides to quit because he’s having a rubbish time, and so Bianchi gets an immediate promotion alongside Vettel at Ferrari. Grosjean decides to stay with Lotus hoping the 2015 Merc-Lotus funded by Maldonado will be quick, and unfortunately during the Christmas break Maldonado is involved in a car accident, flipping his car 8 times whilst reversing out of his drive way. He manages to injure both his wrists, preventing him from driving in 2015. The accident promotes Esteban Ocon (The kid currently beating “the next Senna” Max Verstappen in F3 at the moment) to the team.

Nick
    Participant

Let’s get silly:

Honda McLaren
    Lewis Hamilton
    Romain Grosjean

Mercedes
    Nico Rosberg
    Fernando Alonso

Red Bull
    Daniel Ricciardo
    Daniil Kvyat

Williams
    Valtteri Bottas
    Felipe Nasr

Ferrari
    Sebastian Vettel
    Kimi Raikkonen

Force India
    Kevin Magnussen
    Nico Hulkenberg

Toro Rosso
    Max Verstappen
    Carlos Sainz Jr.

Lotus
    Jules Bianchi
    Pastor Maldonado

Marussia
    Will Stevens
    Alexander Rossi

Telmex F1 (the team formerly known as Sauber)
    Sergio Perez
    Esteban Gutierrez

Forza Rossa (the team formerly known as Caterham)
    Ricardo Teixeira
    Sergio Canamasas

Jenson Button joins the BBC commentary team, Massa makes way for Nasr to race in Brazilian Stockcars, Sutil is ditched as Sauber is sold to Carlos Slim jr., Caterham manages to hire even less inspiring drivers than before.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

That Forza Rossa/Caterham line-up is possibly the worst F1 line-up ever…

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

On page 1, back in January: “Alonso to McLaren would shake things up” – Consider things now shaken up!

Mercedes: Hamilton, Rosberg; (Wehrlein)
    Red Bull: Ricciardo, Kvyat; (Buemi)
    Ferrari: Vettel, Raikkonen; (Marciello)
    Williams: Bottas, Massa; (Nasr)
    McLaren: Alonso, Magnussen; (Vandoorne)
    F.India: Vergne, Perez; (Juncadella) — Latest rumour, Hulk to WEC Porsche. Vergne in, unless Mercedes say Junc.
    T.Rosso: Sainz Jr, Verstappen; (Gasly)
    Lotus: Grosjean, Maldonado; (Pic)
    Sauber: Van der Garde, Gutierrez; (Sirotkin)
    Marussia: Bianchi, Palmer; (Stevens) — Palmer to replace Chilton
    Caterham: Ericsson, Merhi; (Kobayashi) — Merhi to replace Kobayashi. May also be called ‘Forza Rossa’!

The new ‘U21’ generation (Kvyat, Sainz, Wehrlein, Marciello, Gasly, Verstappen) are now coming through – perhaps low weight helps them? Kvyat (20) could be the youngest driver at a top team since Ricardo Rodriguez (19), followed by Vettel/Alonso (21) and Hamilton/Raikkonen (22), with Button (20/22) starting at the front of the midfield. These five drivers have won all of the WDC titles in the ‘post-Schumacher’ era, while Massa (20) also showed potential at a young age, in the midfield ‘junior team’, moving up to ‘the senior team’ at 24 (same for Ricciardo).

Wehrlein (20) and Marciello (20) are now in the ‘pound seat’, should a young replacement be needed, along with Magnussen (22) if McLaren-Honda takes off. Vandoorne (22) is in the 2011 Ricciardo position, before RB got him into HRT, along with Nasr (22), Merhi (23) and Juncadella (23), i.e. in danger of being passed over for the next young thing. So, Verstappen (17) has some time to beat Kvyat just yet, while Gasly (19), and Lynn (21) will have to hope he does an Alguersuari however, as they are well positioned to pick up the pieces. Red Bull’s 2015 driver ages: 25, 20, 20, 17.

PS. if Hulkenberg leaves the grid, and never drives a top car, that would be a crying shame.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Esteban Ocon and Nyck de Vries (19) should also be added to that ‘next generation’ – lets see how they fare in FR3.5 with Gasly and Rowland. If Palmer replaces Chilton, then we will have a ‘grid of champions’ once more, i.e. all drivers having won at least one single-seater title, with Verstappen having multiple WKCs instead.

I wonder: How long until we see Lando Norris (2014 KF2 World Champion, youngest ever senior champion at 15) on the grid? He starts in the new MSA British F4 (replacing Formula Ford) next season. At last, the British racing authorities lowered the starting age for F4 to 15 – else we’d have British World Champions moving abroad simply to start single seater racing, or risk being left behind like Rowland. Norris looks even more impressive than Mick Jr…

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

Super Boring prediction
    Mercedes
    Lewis Hamilton
    Nico Rosberg

Red Bull
    Daniel Ricciardo
    Daniil Kvyat

Williams
    Valtteri Bottas
    Felipe Massa

Ferrari
    Sebastian Vettel
    Kimi Raikkonen

McLaren
    Fernando Alonso
    Jenson Button (Magnussen as test driver)

Force India
    Sergio Perez
    Jean Eric Vergne (Hulkenberg to WEC:( )

Toro Rosso
    Max Verstappen
    Carlos Sainz Jr.

Lotus
    Romain Grosjean
    Pastor Maldonado

Marussia
    Jules Bianchi
    Jolyon Palmer

Sauber
    Adrian Sutil
    Giedo van der Garde

Caterham
    Marcus Erricson
    Roberto Merhi

Anonymous

Pity that Hulkenberg isn’t being talked about in connection to any of the top seats.

Pity that Maldonado, Perez, Massa and Raikkonen are seemingly assured of another year in F1, hogging seats better filled by drivers with a more promising future – and not just droning around in midfield (yes Massa isn’t in the midfield, but Bottas is showing what that car is really capable of).

Deej92
    Participant

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    1. Hamilton
    6. Rosberg

Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    3. Ricciardo
    26. Kvyat

Martini Williams Racing
    77. Bottas
    19. Massa

Scuderia Ferrari
    5. Vettel
    7. Raikkonen

Santander McLaren Honda
    14. Alonso
    22. Button

Sahara Force India F1 Team
    11. Perez
    25. Vergne

Scuderia Toro Rosso
    38. Verstappen
    Sainz

Lotus F1 Team
    13. Maldonado
    Ocon

Marussia F1 Team
    17. Bianchi
    42. Rossi

Sauber F1 Team
    21. Gutierrez
    36. van der Garde

Forza Rossa F1 Team
    9. Ericsson
    45. Merhi

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.