F1

Singapore Grand prix-Best Pit Grandstand Seats?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Hi all,

wow what a great site! I have just discovered f1 fanatics and there’s so many people on here with extensive F1 knowledge. I am hoping some fans out there who have been to the SGP GP can help me out.

I’ve been to the SGP GP twice 2012 and 2013 and sat at turn 2 and turn 1 respectively. I am going again this year but figured it was time for a pit grandstand seat having never sat on the start finish line at any GP I’ve been to.

It’s hard to know what you see from the stands, the different block sections etc-this is what I’d like to see and maybe you guys might know exactly where I might be able to see at least some if it: RBR garage, be on or just before the start line or 20-50 meters past it, see the podium, see a big screen etc (not asking for much I know haha).

Would really appreciate any help with the above. If anyone is going and is considering turn1 or turn 2 I would go turn 2 any day of the week and happy to provide block info if required.

cheers,

Andrew

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

We were in the pit grandstand in 2011 and it was pretty disappointing. Get seats as far up towards the podium and in the back rows. Te front rows look right into the catch fence and you can’t see over into the pits. If you’re up in the back rows you should be able to get a bit of a view I to the pits. The best pit views are from the corporate boxes above the stand. Also, if you’re at the podium end you’ll see the finish and get a head start onto the track for the presentation and track walk. The middle pit grandstand doesn’t get a lot of breeze either so if its a hot day you’ll roast. The downside of the podium end is that it’s a long walk to gate 1 or 2 as well as the entertainment and food at the village.

We’ve been in T2 for the past 2 years and scouted most of the other locations and its the pick of the standard seats.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.