F1

Sky F1 coverage in 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Thread for you to share your views on Sky’s F1 coverage in the UK during 2013.

Aled Davies
    Participant

As a Sky subscriber, the addition of the Classic Races in the week before GP’s will make good viewing!

I liked sky’s coverage last year and I think over time it will get better. Luckily for me I already subscribed to sky and sky sports before F1 switched over as I’m a football fan also.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

Alex green
    Participant

I like it,but as i work in the far east half the year im dreading the day they start adverts during the race as murdochs fox sports(formerly star sports) does
    Like aled i was also a sky sports subscriber beforehand

GeorgeTuk
    Participant

I do like the classic races and don’t really analyse the coverage too much, in my mind they seem to be doing a pretty good job.

To be fair its not the be all end all, the race is most important and quite often only tune in about 30-15 mins before the race.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Just a note for Virgin media customers – if you don’t already have sky sports, they’re currently doing and offer where you can get it half price for three months – 12.65 a month. Thats a better deal than the NOW TV 24 hour passes.

Lin1876
    Participant

I saw a wee bit of testing and the coverage looked much the same, for both good and bad. Simon Lazenby is still the host, but I expect features like the Sky Pad to be refined. Hopefully.

We’ll get answers in the next few hours…

alchemistkevin
    Participant

massive problems this morning started at 10 minutes past 5 for a few minutes now they’re offline again…

robk23
    Participant

They lost something like half an hour of qualifying build up due to technical problems.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@darthsaku
    Here at where I live Fox Sports actually replaced ESPN. Start Sports is….still there.

Both Channel come with ads, though, and the differences between Fox Sports, ESPN, and Star Sports are like those between Tyrrell, BAR, Honda, Brawn, and “current” Merc, or between Libreoffice 3.6 and Libreoffice 4.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anybody else finding “Crofty” to be incredibly annoying? He seems to often get ahead of himself on making calls and kind of gets over excited when somebody is not even attempting to pass, just taking a look inside. I thought DC and Brundle were the best match since ages.

alchemistkevin
    Participant

Agree with the post above – the only saving grace (for me), in the sky commentary team, is Martin Brundle.

Sky Sports has been made available on Now TV as mentioned in this earlier article.

This is relevant for F1 fans as new subscribers will only be able to get the F1 channel through Sky Sports from April 9th.

Now TV allows viewers to access all Sky Sports channels online for 24 hours for £9.99 without needing a Sky contract. Press release below:

From today millions of people can enjoy the best live sport on a simple pay-as-you-go basis with the launch of Sky Sports on NOW TV, the new internet TV service from Sky.

With no contract, set-up costs or installation, NOW TV offers a new and flexible way to access great live sport. For just £9.99, customers can get unlimited 24-hour access to all six Sky Sports channels.

Launching on NOW TV opens up Sky Sports to new audiences. It is perfect for those people who want the flexibility to buy specific matches or events, or to take advantage of a whole day of live sport. Because NOW TV offers instant access, customers can enjoy the UK’s best line-up of live sport at the touch of a button on the most popular connected devices, including Xbox 360, computers, tablets and smartphones.

2013 is Sky Sports’ biggest year yet, and NOW TV customers can enjoy instant access to a wide range of great matches and events, including:

· Exclusive live matches from the Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League
    · All 19 Grands Prix from the Formula 1 season– as well as qualifying and practice sessions
    · Exclusive coverage of the British & Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia
    · All 10 Ashes Test matches from home and away, exclusively live – as well as all one-day internationals and Twenty20 internationals
    · Three of golf’s four Majors – including The Masters
    · Exclusive ATP tennis, including the ATP finals from The O2

NOW TV already offers instant access to Sky Movies, offering more of the latest and biggest movies at least 12 months before any other online movies subscription service. With a Sky Movies monthly pass, NOW TV customers are able to enjoy unlimited access to the entire Sky Movies collection, choosing from over 600 movies on demand at any one time, including Hollywood blockbusters and classics.

Simon Creasey, Director of NOW TV, comments:

“The launch of Sky Sports on NOW TV is a landmark moment for sports fans. For the first time you can get great value, commitment-free access to Sky Sports, all at the touch of a button. So whether it’s a Grand Prix on your TV, a Premier League match on your iPad, or an Ashes Test on your PC, millions more people can now enjoy great live sport across the most popular internet-connected devices.

“And because you can start streaming in an instant, it’s perfect for those people who want the flexibility to dip in and dip out.”

Barney Francis, MD of Sky Sports adds:

“Sky Sports has never offered a greater choice of high-quality live sport and we’ve got our biggest ever summer ahead. Whether it’s the Ashes, the Lions, F1, or the finale of the football season, there’s something for all sports fans on Sky.

“At the same time as we’re innovating on-screen, we’re always looking at new ways to make our content available to customers. NOW TV is a great way for even more people to enjoy the best action from Sky Sports.”

NOW TV is available across a wide range of the most popular internet-connected devices, including PC, Mac, Xbox 360, iPad and iPhone, selected Android smartphones, Roku and YouView (for movies on demand content only).

Asanator
    Participant

24hrs won’t even allow me to watch Live Coverage of Qualifying and the race, so it will cost me at least £20.00 per race and I STILL won’t even be able to watch all of the free practice sessions! Makes Sky sound cheap to me!

W-K
    Participant

From April 9th, Sky only have 8 exclusive races left. I might try it for the next 4 race days only and see if Virgin have the half price offer still on to cover the last 4 races.

Slr
    Participant

Makes Sky sound cheap to me!

Sky Sports F1 isn’t Sky’s only channel, £9.99 for 24 hours is not a bad price really.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.