F1

So what's going to happen tomorrow?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    electrolite
    Participant

I’m going to start off by saying this. Watch Alonso. We know how good the Ferrari is to the tyres, and with Hamilton’s strategy and potential battles ahead, his strong pace could really get him into the mix.

I’d expect to see Kubica muscle his way up starting on the hard tyre, also.

The win? If Hamilton strategy plays in favour and he doesn’t put a foot wrong (or run into the back of anyone) I think he’s got it. What do you think?

TommyB
    Participant

Webber or Button to win.

Really hope Lewis destroys it though and puts in a world class drive. Also an exciting race would be great with lots of incidents :)

electrolite
    Participant

You counting on Hamilton’s strategy failing and Vettel retiring then Tommy :P I’d love a Webber win too, especially after Istanbul. I suppose Button also – could be good on the tyres which will be important tomorrow.

sw6569
    Participant

well hopefully my prediction will come true and i’ll win a lotus box set :D

I’d say watch the Kube and Button. End of the race I fully expect Button to be in the hunt closing on everyone

TommyB
    Participant

Electrolite – I hope I’m wrong I really do but Vettel’s head seems to have gone now he’s being beaten by Webber and is trying too hard. As for Button he always seems to come good by “saving tyres” something I don’t enjoy watching but it always works for him and he ends up doing well.

Icthyes
    Participant

If there’s no safety car, I predict Hamilton will tear away and either or both of the Red Bulls to be under serious pressure from Alonso and Button, perhaps even losing their places. Then Hamilton will be pitted when the softs go off, do a good stint that leaves him half a minute ahead of the rest, but has to stop again from the effort, but still wins because of the gap he pulled out.

If there’s a safety car, I see Hamilton eking out the soft tyre phase and then trying to win on a one-stopper.

If it rains, I’d say a Hamilton win is pretty likely.

That is, if none of the big runners suffer misfortune!

wasiF1
    Participant

What will happen in the race where Hamilton’s tyre will deteriorate whereas the Red Bulls tyre will develop grip, still I favour them as they will have the soft compound tyres to charge in the later stages of the race.& can the fourth place man put up a surprise for us? The battle will be between the soft compound tyres of Hamilton & Alonso with the hard compound tyres of the Red Bulls given the fact that all four clear the first lap with the rest of the race. They are my top 4 don’t know which order. So we are set for a exciting race where we may see for the first time this season where the top cars can make a two stop. It will be interesting to see where Schumacher finishes today as he starts 13th with a car which don’t have pace on a track where overtaking is possible.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I have no idea!! Somebody will win the race I imagine!

Macca
    Participant

This race can go one of two ways.

Either Hamilton get a big enough lead over the two Red Bulls to be able to pit and come out ahead of them or the saftey car bunches up the pack at aroung 15 or 20 laps and it’s Red Bull’s race from there.

GO WEBBER!

nik

WEB, HAM, ALO

US_Peter
    Participant

Ha! I think Ned is (probably) right! I’m making no predictions, just looking forward to a very competitive and exciting race.

nik

I just posted this on the blog, reposting here since I strongly believe that the Bulls will come out on top because they can run the soft compound later in the race:

The latest weather forecast for Sunday afternoon is 25 degrees, with only a 10% chance of rain. 57% humidity so it should warm the track up more than it has been in the past few days.

With that, those starting on the soft tyre will only be able to run 6-7 laps on it the most. HAM et al are hoping for a safety car in the first 4-5 laps – but even that might not be enough.

There is a chance here that the Red Bulls will only need to stop once – if they can extend the range of the hard compound out to 40-45 laps in the initial stint. The reason is because everybody else will be running the soft tyre on full fuel tanks and on a green track – which will see them wear away very quickly. If the Red Bulls can run the hard tyre out to lap 40-45, there is a very good chance that they could extend the same soft tyres out to a 30-35 lap run because of the lighter fuel load, higher temperature, warmer track and more rubber on the road. At that point of the race, they only have to defend their positions and since the chasing pack are likely to be running leaner fuel mixtures, the bulls will be able to push to soft target times and extend the range of the soft tyres while defending positions.

It might not seem like it – but there is a big difference between running the soft tyre with a heavier car at the beginning of the race on a green track and running the soft tyre at the end of the race on a grippy and warmer track with a much lighter car.

sw6569
    Participant

if it rains, the McLarens will probably walk it as they’ve been running higher downforce levels all weekend. I’d then expect another miracle decision from Button and a win from him

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.