• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 2 hours, 2 minutes ago

F1 discussion

”Stupid” places to hold a Grand Prix

This topic contains 34 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thecollaroyboys Thecollaroyboys 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aish Heydrich
    Aish Heydrich
    Participant

Ok, name probable African countries, now guys, only African countries. And I’m being serious here because Morocco actually was a venue long time back. Don’t remember the year, I’m sure Keith, andae23 and Google will tell you, in that order of precision, but here’s the map.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vhPQ0EPtEko/Tu4XjaPr4oI/AAAAAAAAIAk/7hriTk38ETY/s1600/Ain+Diab.jpg

Profile photo of Kingshark
    Kingshark
    Participant

Bikini bottom
    Alice in Wonder Land
    Hogwarts
    The Golden City of Atlantis

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Kingshark – you are too much !! :)
    There are plenty of places that should have a GP, but with a shi*t track, or are a shi*t place to have a GP, but with a good (or great track)

Turkey- Not a bad track at all, but NOBODY went! Probably a great spot to see drivers!
    Barhain- It was a great GP to watch really. Some say they wont watch, and thats fine, but I watch all GP , no matter where- may not agree with all things- but I watch!
    China- Apparently 3 hours from anywhere- why would any F1 fan go!?! (any thoughts from F1F that have been appreciated)
    Korea- again…………. where??
    USA- they have guns, dont go there!
    Australia- treat aboriginals bad- dont go!

I am Aussie and points were made tounge in cheek!!- I will be very interested to see how things change when BE passes the baton!!

Profile photo of ShaneB457
    ShaneB457
    Participant

@garns Yeah it really was a shame about Turkey. A brilliant track but hardly anyone turned up for the races. Two things you need for a good GP event, a great track and passionate fans who turn up in numbers. But I suppose with the economic crisis, more and more people are discouraged from going due to the cost, and Turkey isn’t in the best condition economically so I wouldnt blame them for not turning up.

Profile photo of Cornflakes
    Cornflakes
    Participant

The Grand Prix of the South Sandwich Islands

Profile photo of rob lomas
    rob lomas
    Participant

Morocco hosted the final round of the 1958 season

Great places for a grand prix
    Pyongyang
    Syria
    Iran
    Russia
    Caracas
    Afghanistan
    Kazakhstan
    Uzbekistan
    Tajikistan
    Kyrgyzstan
    Pakistan
    Dagestan

Says a lot about the world right now IMO

Profile photo of Pete H
    Pete H

Somalia?
    The thing is, if these countries we’ve been ridiculing want to spend the money and invest in the facilities to put on a show, why shouldn’t they be considered. Obviously there’s safety to consider, and the usual political and human rights issues will crop up (and China would be included in this surely!). Money will dictate, and there are a lot of countries with the financial clout to make it happen.

Profile photo of realracer
    realracer

@Ash Shame on you for picking on all the Islamic countries.
    Its funny how everyone is mentioning Islamic countries as ridicilous places. Show’s the mentality of all you people.

Israel would be a ridicilous place because of it oppressive regime against Palestine.

Profile photo of tmekt
    tmekt
    Participant

@realracer

Trying to pick a fight much?

It’s not about religion, those just aren’t good enough places to hold GPs …arguably.

Profile photo of Bendanarama
    Bendanarama
    Participant

@realracer

Oh, yeah, its totally to do with them being Islamic countries, nothing to do with half of them currently being active warzones.

Do try not to talk nonsense.

Profile photo of Aish Heydrich
    Aish Heydrich
    Participant

@realracer
    You’re a real troll too. Anyway, just came on here to mention Chechnya.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Death Valley, Krakatoa, The Matterhorn, The North/south pole and any place close to it, Venice in Italy, The Vatican, Fukushima, The Sahara/Atacama Desert, and the list goes on (And I must say, I’m not that serious)!

Profile photo of AMNJG24F
    AMNJG24F
    Participant

Worst place to hold a race? Principality of Sealand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

Profile photo of Spinmastermic
    Spinmastermic
    Participant

How about a track on the runways of Area 51?

Profile photo of realracer
    realracer

Funny how someone points outs a true fact and all of you arrogant folk seem to turn unto him. Hate all you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.