1. McLaren – I have always supported them for as long as I’ve followed F1 and apart from Alonso and Montoya, there’s not a single modern day driver that has driven for them that I dislike. If you ask me, Hakkinen is the best driver ever.
2. Lotus – I don’t get why they’re so hated around here, I really want them to succeed and can definitely see them doing so in the future, plus Kovaleinen rules and Fernandes and Gascoygne are nice guys.
3. Sauber – I like Peter Sauber, plus their two drivers right now are fantastic drivers and very likeable people.
4. Williams – they’re Williams. I also like Barrichello and the team principle a lot, plus they’re doing quite badly at the moment so it’s nice to cheer the underdogs and even more glorious when they succeed.
5. Mercedes – I was never the biggest Schumacher fan pre-retirement, but right now I really want to see him on the podium. I also think Rosberg is cool.
6. Force India – like both drivers, very impressed with DiResta’s skills.
7. Renault – overall a very strong team with good drivers who are generally cool guys, much better than the team Briatore ran who would be right up there in the hate camp.
Not too bothered:
8. Toro Rosso – the very definition of meh. Both drivers showed promise in 2010 but they’re not showing it here.
9. HRT – again, very mediocre and a bit shambolic.
10. Virgin – nothing wrong with them overall (although they’re quickly becoming the worst team) but I hate them on principle. They’re Richard Branson’s team and I can’t stand that c…
11. Red Bull Racing – they’re a good team overall and I don’t really hate any of the people involved in them, but they are becoming early-2000s era Ferrari right now, and I hate it when teams dominate.
12. Ferrari – McLaren’s arch-nemesis, they’re open about team orders, Alonso is a grumpy so and so and is Hamilton’s nemesis etc.