F1

Thanks for the memories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

It’s truly very sad that it looks as though we’ve seen the last ever grand prix for one of F1’s greats. A real gentleman of the sport who has seen success, struggles and has come through it all as one of the classiest competitors of his era.

It’s a travesty that his career looks to be over when he had so many seasons left in him, but that’s the nature of modern Formula 1, I suppose.

If this truly is the end, I’ll always remember him for the many fantastic moments he gave us – especially in 2009. I’m sure you’ll be able to move on to new challenges, probably with the WEC, but the sport’s always going to feel a bit empty without your smiling face around the paddock.

Thanks for everything, Kamui.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey – This is why we love you.

naz3012
    Participant

This is just genius!

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

He came out of left field, but what a debut! He loves Japan, and they love him.

Keith Campbell
    Participant

I did not see that twist coming. I was certain you were talking about Sutil. ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@magnificent-geoffrey You win, sir. For a moment I feared you were leaving F1 Fanatic! By the way, love your current avatar :)
    Poor Kamui! I hate it when good (or even mediocre) drivers get the boot, but the other day I was thinking about how many more drivers it would be nice to see in F1: Vandoorne, Nasr, Evans, Palmer even, Sainz, someone else I don’t know, and definitely Valsecchi and Filippi! But there’s no room, so you have a limited time to prove yourself – and that means Ericsson should leave, not Kamui. Gutierrez is a wasted talent and I support him but objectively he’s failed at F1. Vergne… I don’t know what to say really. How many free seats would we have? Too few, too few indeed. 26 cars would be great, gosh even three-car teams would be better than 18 cars…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@magnificent-geoffrey Ah, I will remember Interlagos 2009 for quite some time…..and not because of the qualy session the driver I was rooting for had (and his subsequent confirmation of losing the title)….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.