For some reason I can’t get the quiz to download, so I’ll post my answers here and someone can tell me which ones I get right!
1. What does a fletcher make?
2. What animal does the term lupine refer to?
I guessed this one and somehow got it right! Wolf.
3. Which major bank merged with HSBC in 1992?
My knowledge of foreign banks is non-existent at best. Pass!
4. What is the professional name for someone who makes wooden vessels such as casks and barrels?
Cooper I’m guessing.
5. Joan Collins and Leonard Rossiter appeared together in adverts for which drink?
Never heard of either of these people so I’ll have to think of a drink! Martini? It sounds like the sort of thing there’d be an advert for…
6. Which country has Amman as its capital?
Jordan! (I’m guessing the geography-based questions will be the only ones I can answer)
7. What is the longest river in Ireland?
I spoke too soon.
8. Which instrumental group has five UK no 1s in the 60s?
9. Who was the 26th President of the US?
I had to Google this one so I failed. Plus I’d never heard of the team.
10. Which rank in the British Army was superseded by the new rank of 2nd lieutenant in 1901?
I honestly have no clue and even Google isn’t helping me.
11. Which US magazine ran from 1883 to 2007?
Pass. (Had to Google)
12. What is the currency of Iran?
It will be interesting to see if anyone can actually get this one without Googling!
13. Which is the largest of the big cats in South America?
Jaguar… I’m guessing again now. Have there been any other cat-related F1 team names?
14. What species of beetle was a symbol of rebirth to the ancient Egyptians?
Perhaps I should work on broadening my knowledge beyond Formula 1… This quiz is making me feel mighty stupid!
15. What is the world’s largest ocean?
Yay, one I know! Pacific.
16. Which actor played Captain Jean‐Luc Picard in Star Trek?
This is a freak accident as Star Trek was on TV yesterday and I was reading the EPG description. Stewart.
17. Which record label’s first album release was Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells?
18. Which knight accidently killed William II in the New Forest in 1100?
Again, I’ll pass.
19. What food dish is made from boned meat from a pig’s head?
20. What is the name of the commercial radio station covering Surrey and Hampshire that replaced County Sound?
21. Which Kinks song starts with the lyrics “I met her in a club down in old Soho”?
Lola! I can thank @Steph for that one! :D
22. Charles Henry Gordon‐Lennox, who manages the Goodwood Estate, is known by what title?
Oh, I know this one! Um… I can’t think of it now! Oh yes I can; March!
23. In the animated film James and the Giant Peach, which Aunt was voiced by Joanna Lumley?
Pass. Haven’t seen the film since I was 5 and I wasn’t researching the voice actors at the time!
24. Which fashion house had a brand called United Colours?
Benetton. I only know that one because my family own a lot of old Benetton clothing!
25. What form of computer data storage was developed in the 1960′s and is still in use in either static or dynamic forms?
I had to Google that one as I’d never heard of the team.
Wow, that was hard!