F1

The F1 show 2013

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paulocreed
    Participant

First I apologize if this has been discussed but this topic popped in my head as I was reading the summary of the last Malaysian GP.

What I think is really happening here after the 2013 Malaysian GP is this. F1 is now known or described as a show, ‘The Pinnacle of Motorsports”. It doesn’t matter what was pre-planned or not planned and so on by Teams and Drivers. What I believe the teams are trying to do is make sure that coming to the end of season, that the fight for the championship is being decided by the former World Champions. Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Raikonnen. This sounds better from a marketing standpoint. Look at the F1 2012 from Codemasters. “Challenge 6 World Champions, the most Champions in one season….” However the season pans out, RBR want Vettel at the top, Ferrari – Alonso, Merc – Hamilton and so on…. I know this is too soon to tell after only two races. Call me a conspirator, or mad, but this is the feeling I’m getting.

I’m not suggesting that the races are fixed per-say but that there is clearly No. 1 and No. 2 driver status whether they’re honest in the media about it or not. And I’m sure it’s mainly decided by the sponsors or marketing department.

What do you all think?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.