The Greatest F1 liveries (voting)
6th March 2012, 19:10 at 7:10 pm #131031
We need to find out what is the greatest F1 livery ever chosen by you.
Choose your top 10 and by using the current F1 points system, put your favourite as 25 points, 2nd favourite as 18 points and so on and so forth.
When we decide to finish this thread (hopefully the majority have voted on this, even Keith please), we will add up all the points and whatever ends up with the most, is the winner.
Feel free to add images so we can see what you have chosen. I am pretty much sure there are going to be some beauties! Oh and it can be from any era.6th March 2012, 21:55 at 9:55 pm #195159
This was so hard, I had 30 cars but had to narrow it down to just 10!
1. BAR 001
2. Arrows A22
3. Renault R26
4. McLaren MP4-23
5. Lotus 56B
6. Sahara Force India VJM05
7. Brabham BT45B
8. Jordan 196
9. Ferrari 643 (and I hate Ferrari!)
10. Jordan 1996th March 2012, 23:31 at 11:31 pm #195160
sam3110Participant6th March 2012, 23:38 at 11:38 pm #195161
Prost, I don’t really care which year.6th March 2012, 23:40 at 11:40 pm #195162
I wont link pictures but just give the Team & the Car it suited best,
1) JPS Team Lotus Type 79
2) Williams FW14b
3) Mclaren MP4/2
4) Ferrari F2001
5) Renault RE20
6) Williams FW18 (yeah, yeah, 2 Williams cars listed. But with good reasons!)
7) Brabham BT45b
8 ) Ligier JS11
9) Jordan 199
10) BRM P261 (simple and yet catching)7th March 2012, 0:00 at 12:00 am #195163
9. Eurobrun 1989, orange and black, must’ve looked great early on Friday mornings
Just out of the points:
Larrousse 94 in Kronenbourg red & white quarters
1967 Eagle, more for the shape of the car than the colour.7th March 2012, 0:40 at 12:40 am #195164
I apologize if any of the names are incorrect, but as far as I know these are correct.
1. Benetton B195 (1995)
2. Jaguar R5 (2004)
3. Williams FW18 (1996)
5. Renault R26 (2006)
6. Ferrari 641 (1990)
7. Sauber C22 (2003)
8. Williams FW15C (1993)
9. BMW-Sauber F1.09 (2009)
10. Renault RE40 (1983)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Renault_RE40_Silver_2008_01.jpg7th March 2012, 0:46 at 12:46 am #195165
My selections are more recent than most, But here they are
1. Renault R30
I loved this livery a lot!! It really stood out next to the others and once it got sponsors, looked perfect. I actually liked the red of Total aswell, I think it broke it up nicely.
2. Mercedes W02
Was a major improvement on the previous design. The blend from silver to that unique turquoise was fantastic. Beautiful
3. Prost AP02
Not much going on, but that deep beautiful blue flattered the car brilliantly
4. Jordan 191
I am a sucker for green, this one just worked so well
5. Force India VJM05
I admit I am a bit of a FI fanboy, but absolutely loved the colour combination the last few seasons, now applied perfectly for the cars shape.
6. Jaguar R5
Similiar to the Jordan, a lovely green broken up nicely. Where great to look at.
7. Jordan EJ10
Yellow and Black might be another of my weaknesses. This is my pick of the series.
8. Spyker F8-VII
That incredibly bright orange and grey was really pleasing to my eye. Was a fan of this team even at this point.
9. Arrows A19
Not really a livery :P but super sexy and super stealth
10. Red Bull RB6
Probably a surprise, but it has become an iconic livery, and it is one that I have always been fond of. No need to change it up. RB6 is my choice as the nicest.7th March 2012, 6:43 at 6:43 am #195166
1. Jordan 191 – Simple, striking, elegant.
2. Arrows A18 – Blue and white with a hint of red, oh yes.
3. Sauber C13 – All black = dull? Not a chance!
4. Prost AP02 – Perfect shade of blue, well placed sponsor logos.
5. Ferrari 412T2 – Scarlet Ferrari with black wings. Please take note Ferrari!!
6. Jaguar R1 – Fantastic in everyway!
7. McLaren MP4-8 – The best of the Marlboro McLarens in my book.
8. Lotus 49 – Classic Lotus livery.
9. HRT F111 – Not only the best livery of 2011, one of my all time favourites! Looks great @in the flesh”.
10. McLaren MP4-22 – The best of the chrome McLarens.7th March 2012, 10:45 at 10:45 am #195168
1. Jordan 191
2. McLaren MP4-8
3-benetton ford(camel, united colors of benetton)
5- Lotus 49
10-arrows (orange and black livery)7th March 2012, 10:55 at 10:55 am #195169
In no particular order:
1. Prost. Any of the cars from 1998 to their demise in 2001.
2. Arrows from 2000-2002. Not really a fan anymore, but I loved them at the time when I was only a little boy.
3. Ferrari 643. Not just a great livery, but probably my favourite-looking F1 car ever.
4. Jordan EJ11. Pure sexy!
5. Sauber C24. Losing Red Bull’s logos made their livery beautiful.
6. This will be unpopular, but the Sauber C30 was easily the best looking car on the grid last year for me.
7. Benetton B201. I just love the colour!
8. Williams FW28. I’ve loved every Williams livery since this one except their 2007 design which had a white nose.
9. Toro Rosso STR5. This was the year they got the livery right! Pity it’s gone downhill with all of the gold now…
10. Renault R30. Simply stunning in every way. I miss it too much!7th March 2012, 12:37 at 12:37 pm #195170
I’ve no idea how to post pictures and I’m too lazy to do it anyway so the R29 (esp post ING) by a mile and then the F10.7th March 2012, 23:08 at 11:08 pm #195171
Not great with specific cars, but in no particular order:
Jordan 1991 (Simple, elegant, green. A classic)
Jordan 1999 (Another stunning Jordan livery)
Ferrari 1992 (Stunning lines, stunning livery, rubbish car!)
Lotus 1986 (JPS livery with Senna. Neater lines than the 78/79)
Vanwall 1958 (The quintessential 1950s F1 car)
Prost 1998 (Lovely deep blue with well placed sponsorship)
Stewart 1999 (A spot of nationalism, yes, but still a well worked livery)
Williams 1997 (Classic Rothmans livery. Fitted car’s lines perfectly)
BAR 1999 (Very tacky, but pulled off amazingly well)
Sauber 1993 (Had to include my favourite team, the black Saubers were striking)
Hmm, a lot of cars from the 90s there. Odd, I didn’t start watching until 2002…8th March 2012, 8:35 at 8:35 am #195172
as i said before, the best liveries come from the 90’s era, because there were simply too much sponsors on the cars, and the cigarette brands made the cars have a classic look, wish it could come back, the cars now feel empty and not striking like the good old days of the 90’s.13th March 2012, 16:12 at 4:12 pm #195173
I like the McLaren liveries from 1997 to 2005 but particularly when the 2005 McLaren when Johnny Walker began sponsoring the team.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.