F1

The most amazing F1 lap ever!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you had to pick any singular lap from any F1 race (not quali) as the most amazing ever, what would it be?

For me: it has to be Brazil 2008. You simply didn’t know where this was going to end up. Vettel passing Hamilton, Hamilton having no answer … and then those Toyotas pootling around on the wrong tyres! Mr Massa celebrating, then standing there open mouthed, Nicole screaming … has to be the most amazing F1 lap ever!

Also the opening lap of Spa 1998, one of the most destructive and expensive opening laps ever thanks to Mr Coulthard!

Let’s hear your thoughts!

PhilEReid
    Participant

I’ll nominate a few.

Spa 2008 lap 43 always holds a place in my heart as for just how hilarious it was.

I think the final lap of Canada 2011 was pretty amazing simply for the drama.

But, I think the single greatest lap though, in terms of one mans performance, has to be Donington 1993 first lap. Phenomenal.

Last lap, Dallas 1984 (thanks to Mansell)?

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

@philereid What about Alonso at Hungary in 2006? ;)

But I totally agree on that Spa lap, that was a total back and forth at each corner!

What about Nurburgring 2007? All cars spin off, Winklehock leads :D

PhilEReid
    Participant

@fastiesty I thought about that one when I was deciding which laps! That was ridiculously amusing (and almost not amusing).

Simon
    Participant

+1 for Spa 1998, hilarious! The first race I watched was Monza 1995, i’ll never forget Hill taking off Schumacher and running over to confront him and I thought this Formula 1 is pretty exciting stuff!!

Fer no.65
    Participant

I’m with @fastiesty , Alonso’s first lap at Hungary 2006 was just mindblowing. Watching the replay, how the drives through the field, finding grip everywhere besides the racing line. And that flamboyant driving style he had back in those days, throwing the steering on turn in. Fantastic.

Eric
    Participant

The best lap was the last few of Dijon 79. That battle was amazing. Pick one of them if you must but it is truly awesome to watch.

Scottie
    Participant

Last lap of the Monaco GP in ’82?

Leader after leader broke down on the last lap of the most Prestigious race of the year

Neel Jani
    Participant

Well many are and would be of the opinion that Donnigton 1993 was the greatest lap ever. In my opinion, people under-estimate the first lap of Fernando Alonso in Hungary 2006 on one of the most difficult tracks to overtake on. His drive was spectacular. It was in my opinion, not only the greatest opening lap ever but the greatest drives of all time, even better than Donnigton 1993.

So, that’s the one!

Fsoud
    Participant

First lap of Hungary 2006, definitely. A lot of cars going everywhere,Michael getting a brilliant start and Alonso overtaking half the field. Still gives me the shivers.

Daniel
    Participant

Maybe not the most amazing lap ever, but one of my favorites: Jenson Button 2004 Canadian GP Qualifying (almost had pole)

matiascasali
    Participant

Sorry, but the discussion is really short for me: Donnington 93. It will never be an most amazing lap than that (even when i do remember the Arnoux Villeneuve battle for 1979!

Matthijs
    Participant

I am sorry, but Alonso’s first lap of the Hungarian GP 2006 cannot be the best lap for me because of his tyre advantage. Wikipedia: “Bridgestone wet-tyres used to dictate the field in non-dry conditions but today it seemed a one-off for the Japanese rubber. All Bridgestone-drivers, including the Ferraris, were seen struggling and seriously down on pace compared to their competitors.”

Last lap Dijon 1979 for me.

Neel Jani
    Participant

How can we all forget this?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.