F1

The Team That Might Soon Be The Team Formerly Known As Lotus Racing/Team Lotus..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Adrian J
    Participant

I was just thinking of possible names for the 1Malaysia Racing squad to race under if they decided to change their name:

Air Asia GP

Air Asia F1 Team

Team Air Asia (same as in GP2)

Malasia Racing

or how about…

Caterham GP Racing

(They team up with Caterham – who built a better Lotus 7 than Lotus did – and beat Group Lotus at their own game!!)

RIISE

I’d prefer it if they just quit. Take Sepang of the calendar with them as well.

Calum
    Participant

AirAsia 1Malaysia Racing Renault.

Unfortunately everything seems to be going against them in the fight to be Lotus. Still as far as I’m concerned as long as Fernandes holds the rights to the Team Lotus name, he is a winner because theh other team cannot be team Lotus..

David-A
    Participant

Take Sepang of the calendar with them as well.

Don’t get carried away.

Adrian J
    Participant

@RIISE, well I’d prefer if Ferrari just quit and took Alonso with them, but neither is going to happen so don’t be so negative.

Scribe
    Participant

I no longer care what the names of these two teams are, implications to the past etc. Group Lotus are clearly nothing to do with Chapmans team Lotus, their claiming of history is disgusting and Danny Bahar is just vile. BUT WHO CARES THEY’RE JUST A SPONSER.

Team Lotus, obviously isn’t team lotus, doesn’t have the support of the chapmans family, but then again, Chapmans most likley have there own intrests at heart, these people arn’t angels. Fernandes seems a nice guy but no one makes billions without cunning in him, then again no one suceeds in F1 without cunning either. Don’t care.

One teams a former front runner, apparently coming back to the fore in exciting fashion with an enourmous talent behind the wheel. The others a vibrant and fresh new team that could grow and grow, who cares what the sods in PR do to try and grab our affections. Nothing they do has much to do with why people support a team in the first place. None of these people fighting over history, brand etc are a driver, a technician, a team manager or an engineer. Really they’VE got nothing to do with why people watch F1 IN THE FIRST PLACE,that would be the racing. So what i’m going to do, is enjoy both teams contributions on track, be they spectacular or mundane, an ignore the rest as best I can.

Hope Renault challenge for wins, (or preferably get podiums behind McLaren) hope Lotus progress to the pointed mid-feild because successful new blood is good for F1. All the rest is so much money generating so much noise.

Also Sepangs an awesome track, what’ve you been drinking?

Calum
    Participant

Fair enough Scribe, as for what he’s bee drinking – probably a lot given it’s Hogmany!!

RIISE

@RIISE, well I’d prefer if Ferrari just quit and took Alonso with them, but neither is going to happen so don’t be so negative.

Fair point, but Ferrari are race winners, this Malaysia Lotus are back markers and will be for many seasons if they survive that long.

The only thing making Sepang interesting is the weather report…Stick Magny-Cours in it’s place if you ask me. But anyway off topic I guess….I have been on the plonk.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’d prefer it if they just quit. Take Sepang of the calendar with them as well.

Why? More cars on the grid can only be a good thing, and Sepang is one of the best cricuits on the calendar. It’s certainly the best of Tilke’s circuits.

Adrian J
    Participant

Fair point, but Ferrari are race winners, this Malaysia Lotus are back markers and will be for many seasons if they survive that long.

Yes, but not everyone can be winners so I’d like the other teams to be as entertaining and fan friendly as possible…

US_Peter
    Participant

How about Norfolk F1, as a jab at Group Lotus?

The Last Pope
    Participant

As I see it, Proton will be bankrupt and have to sell the team before they even get the chance to properly rename the team as Lotus. So in 2012 there will be Team Lotus and Toleman :-P

Stephen Jones
    Participant

Scribe, that post officially made my day!

sbl on tour
    Participant

@us peter

norfolk fi, think norfolk and chance may be more appropriate

the old ones are the best, happy new year!

sblot

Scribe
    Participant

Cheers Steve. And on New Years Day as well, :) :) everyone’s got a little rant in em’ just waiting to pop out.

Also RIISE, the weather makes Sepang more exciting but on dry days it’s a very fast challenging track with clear overtaking oppourtunities, who wants Magny-Cour? It’s not even the best circuit in France.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.