F1

The ugliest F1 colour schemes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We’ve talked about the best colour schemes for a Formula 1 car, now lets hear your nominations for some of the worst! While some are dictated by corporate colours and trying to work in sponsor needs, some have no excuse and are an outright mess. Here are some I really disliked over time …

The 1981 Tyrrell. Why did they stop the white line so abruptly?!

tyr

And I know a lot of people like this, but working the yellow of Renault with the blue of Mild Seven produced a terrible mess of lines and curves …

ren

And finally another Tyrrell. Getting blue, yellow and orange to work together was never going to be easy, but Tyrrell did a terrible job of it:

tyr2

Over to you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s not easy to make pink look good on a racing car, but you’ve got to give Brabham credit for trying:
    null

And the winner is…

Hopefully if Renault do come back they come up with something better than that dog’s breakfast.

sam3110
    Participant

ING Renault
    Infiniti RedBull with the purple
    Sauber 2012
    HRT 2011
    THE ZIP BAR

Simon
    Participant

+1’s for ING Renault and 2011 HRT

Colour obviously dictated by the cigarette company but yuk!

Arrows A8

David-A
    Participant

Nic Morley
    Participant

I always thought Mclarens chrome and rocket red was an ugly combination, chrome should not be used on racing cars. The Renault from 2009 was horrible.

I had a dislike for the 2010 HRT, 2013 and 2014 Saubers; I don’t understand why anyone would pick such a ugly colour with no inspiration.

mike-e
    Participant

Here are a few of my choices

`

Cristian
    Participant

Every Benetton prior to 1991, especially the first one in 1986

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ugly colours – hopelessly uncompetitive – suspiciously similar. I wonder if they are in fact the same car!

his

mc

safeeuropeanhome
    Participant

Anyone seen this before? Apparently a one off livery for Keke Rosberg at Estoril 1986. Not only sacrilege to have a non red and white Marlboro Mclaren but the paint job is also quite ugly.

The 1993 Ligier is also a shocker.

Espen
    Participant

Can’t say I agree on the Renault colour scheme anno 2002, and I rather like the 1994 Footwork Arrows, and the green/yellow/blue/red Benettons – pure 80’s, come to think of it. But I most definitely agree on the Renault colour scheme from 2007 to 2009. Awful.

Even though as a hardcore Jordan fan, the 1994 and 1995 Jordans were just a big mess:
    Jordan 195

Not a messy one, but not a particularly beautiful either; the 1994 Pacific

…and then the 1996 Minardi.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This one.
    null

dragoll
    Participant

How about this gorgeously hideous 98′ Williams

Or this mid 90’s Lola

And its been mentioned before, but I think it takes the crown, the Honda Earth Dreams vehicle… I can’t even call it an F1 car…

andae23
    Participant

Lotus 80 – the green-blue-red looks pretty dreadful imo.

1984 Tyrrell, or at least Brundle’s car, Bellof’s car looked infinitely better.

Oh and these 2012 cars:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.