F1

Things you hope will happen in 2015, but know they won't!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there anything you’re hoping for from F1 this year, but know are unlikely to happen? Here are mine:

1. Bianchi recovers, replaces Ericsson at Sauber; proves so good Ferrari sign him for 2016
    2. Bernie E resigns from F1 after yet another scandal
    3. Two new well-funded teams announce plans for 2016 entry
    4. Haas sign credible chief designer, two good drivers and concrete plans for 2016
    5. Bahrain and Abu Dhabi decide not to stage races after 2015
    6. Silverstone reduces ticket prices for 2015 race by £50 and reimburses those who’ve already bought (sorry, entirely geared to my own personal situation!)
    7. Technical regulations hold steady for more than two years
    8. The BBC shows every race live at the earliest opportunity
    9. Force India beaten comprehensively by Manor
    10. Manor hits sponsorship jackpot by signing up Verizon as title backer, this bringing in Alexander Rossi as 2nd driver

1. F1 becoming sustainable
    2. The world adopting free software
    3. Indonesia becoming a superpower
    4. Brand new Intel Atom tablets supporting GNU/Linux
    5. Rush releasing a new album with at least 1 multi-deca-minute suite, and doing an Indonesian concert
    6. Murray Walker returning from retirement
    7. Me getting a free ride on an IL-62
    8. Murrine and the Airlines GTK themes getting GTK+3 ports
    9. A scientific RPN calculator being available in F-Droid
    10. Linux having all its binary blobs removed
    11. @keitHCOLlantINe presiding the FIA
    12. Brand new F1 tracks getting decently good
    13. A New York race
    14. Abu Dhabi being dropped?
    15. F1 returning to classic, great, tracks that as of now are still regarded as safe enough for F1
    Kingshark
    Participant

Every team gets equal share of the pie at the end of the year. Manor, Sauber, Lotus and Force India are all saved.

Formula 1 to embrace social media to the fullest, create an official YouTube account with all the races being stream-able live.

F1 to be free on air everywhere around the world, and gains global popularity as a result of it.

@kingSHark

F1 to be free on air everywhere around the world, and gains global popularity as a result of it.

Live-streaming on YouTube would come close to doing that to any F1-watching location on Earth.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@junior-pilot I can’t find anything to add to your list! Except maybe:
    11. Luca Badoer replaces an ill Raikkonen at Monza and obtains a Grand Slam.

hunocsi
    Participant

@fixy You have to say something that you know is unlikely to happen, not something that realistic :)

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

@fixy, don’t you tear at my heart like this.

AMR
    Participant

Live streaming is offered on the formula1.com website, as well as access to the archives of F1 as a small subscription-based streaming service.

Bernie finally catches up on the last 20 years of human history and begins attracting new viewers of F1 with great social media interaction and dropping the whole ‘this is a sport for the rich & wealthy only’ bull.

Anyone other than Mercedes win the constructors championship.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

An agreement on a return to Magny-Cours
    Hulkenberg to confirm a move to a bigger team
    More accessibility for the races globally (I already have Foxtel in Aus, so that doesn’t bother me personally)
    New tracks which have characteristics of Spa, Silverstone, etc.
    Longer time limits for street circuits (93 Laps at Monaco?)
    A strong game in F1 2015 to back up the series (this one is more of I hope so rather than it not actually happening)
    Fernando to race in Melbourne

Mehtab Ahmed
    Participant

Commercial side of F1 gets independent from CVC and Ecclestone is the single party in control of the commercial aspects, thus his interest is to make f1 more popular and not profitable for CVC.

The technical side is again solely controlled by the FIA, the Strategy comission becomes obsolet and is dissolved.

The Revenues are partially distributed to all teams on equal figures plus an additional bonus regarding the Constructors Championship.

The race Stewards get more generous and do not punish every move.

The PR departments of the teams get more lax, drivers speak more freely with the media.

Dan
    Participant

The 2015 Manor/ Marrsuia chassis when completed and raced finds an previously unknown aerodynamic loop hole in the rules meaning it is faster than the rest of the grid and is competing for wins podiums at every curcuit

barkun
    Participant

fully agree on all points @rodney expecially points 1,9 and 10

Arrgh….I hate it when the replies are in present simple and leads me ,for a second, to think they’re actually true :(

Christopher Rehn
    Participant

1. Formula 1 flattens the income bonus so that smaller teams can survive and even grow to challenge the top dogs.
    2. Tender opens for a full 2016 grid of 26 cars in 13 teams
    3. Marcus Ericsson secures a shock podium finish in a rain-soaked chaos Grand Prix
    4. Michael Schumacher is fit enough to visit a Grand Prix, albeit in a wheelchair.
    5. Jules Bianchi wakes up and is able to communicate.

Good enough top 5 for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.