Been watching since Suzuka 1996, here are a few races that felt special in one way or another:
5. 1998 Belgium. I watched this at my friend’s house. When the mayhem happened, we both went “Is this real?” This was one of the few races I didn’t watch at home btw.
4. 2000 Japan. This was the first time I cried because of F1. Not because Schumacher won, but because Häkkinen lost. I was so disappointed.
3. 1997 Great Britain. Häkkinen retiring from the lead was one of my first “oh no” moments.
2. 2008 Belgium. When you turn the volume all the way up and scream and jump up and down in front of the TV for three laps, it’s something special. Didn’t matter who won in the end, it was all about the crazy racing.
1. 2007/8 Brazil. See above, except for three laps I was jumping up and down for the whole race. Both years.