In the near future on my blog (click my name if you like) I’m looking to do a post on the top 5 street tracks and wondered whether I could get your opinions to add a new dynamic to the article. There will be notable mentions to those who come up with original ideas and a mention for the funniest ideas. ;P But this isn’t for worst street tracks! I’m sure that could come in the build up to Valencia…cheers guys!
To drive on computer games, I hate Singapore, yet love Valencia. As for viewing, Valencia is exciting because it’s different, I like the industrial setting with the crates and cranes, and you get the historic pit building and other interesting buildings in sector 3. I don’t see why it gets such a bad name, theres no less overtaking than Monaco or Singapore.
I really want to go to Monaco or Valencia for my first live GP, the sun and harbour setting makes for good pictures, and the unreal image of cars blasting, 180mph scimming the barriers would be special!
3: Montreal (?)
As a South Australian I think there’s only one answer..
4) Valencia (I actually think it’s an ok track).
5) Erm…I’ll go with Adelaide.
Montju´c Park, in Barcelona:
How do you pronounce that?
1 – Montjuic (pronounced like it’s written – the J is like the english ‘g’ in George)
2 – Monaco
3 – Adelaide
4 – Phoenix
5 – Detroit
The original Spa-Francorchamps! And the old Monaco.
I really like your blog. I just had a quick read and its pretty good actually. :)
4) Long Beach
With notable mentions to Singapore and Valencia :P
I’m guessing we’re talking urban tracks, not just circuits on public roads. If not I think Avus would deserve a mention!
1. Monaco – anyone who doesn’t include Monaco in their list needs their brain examining
2. Singapore – dull track, but amazing setting & nice atmosphere
3. Adelaide – a brilliant event with lots of history
4. Porto – It was only used twice, and I don’t know much about it, but it sounds cool! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuito_da_Boavista
5. Las Vegas – Terrible track, terrible event- but I love the novelty of an F1 race in a car park!
3. Long Beach
4. Surfers Paradise
no f1 tracks? i find that f1 tracks are too wide and safe.. which kind of disagrees with the street track style. (monaco is an exception, but i’m kinda of sick of it!)
It was only used twice, and I don’t know much about it, but it sounds cool!
I’ve seen videos of it from the WTCC. It’s horribly tight and narrow. Monsanto is where it’s at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuito_de_Monsanto
I’m going to list my top five like this:
1 – Montjuic Park
2 – Monsanto
3 – Sochi (it looks great)
4 – Monaco
5 – I don’t really know what to put for number five
1. Adelaide. It went through parklands and into the city. And it was a special event.
I’d go with:
2. Surfers Paradise
3. Long Beach
5. Albert Park
1 – Monaco
2 – Albert Park
3 – Adelaide
4 – Long Beach
5 – Surfers Paradise
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.