F1

Ugliest F1 cars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Well, we’ve had topics on F1’s coolest and best looking cars, why not have a topic on the worst looking cars. I’ll get us rolling with my top 5.

1. 1971 March 711 – AHHHHH!!!! MY EYES!!!!!

2. 1979 Arrows Cosworth A2 – Words I use to describe this car: Ugly, Drugs?

3. 1976 Ligier JS5 – What on Earth was the designer of this car smoking?

4. 2007/8/9 Renault R27/8/9 – The ING paint job was absolutly horrible.

5. 2009 BMW Sauber F1.09 – It showed just about everything wrong with 09 rules

IMHO the BGP01 is horrible too but its just the paint job for me.

Anyway, what do you guys think are the ugliest cars of F1?

Ned Flanders
    Participant

It depends if we’re talking liveries or car design. I thought the R29 was horrible, but I loved the paint scheme. The Walrus nose Williams of 2004 was pretty disgusting too

US_Peter
    Participant

Don’t forget the “walrus nose” Williams…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:J_p_montoya_usgp_2004.jpg

Polishboy808
    Participant

I may be the only one who thinks the walrus nose was cool, not very pretty, not very ugly, but very cool! Anyway, it can also be livery. It doesnt matter though, just what in your opinion is the ugliest cars(s).

RobR

Some pics of the above:

Ligier JS5

March 711

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1089/618886228_fe5648569e.jpg?v=0

I think the March just “wins” but it’s close.

RobR

polishboy, I also liked the walrus nose :)

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I think someone could have gone surfing on that front wing…

Polishboy808
    Participant

Indeed they could, but Its not as bad as the doble front/rear wings of some of the cars from the 70’s.

TommyB
    Participant

“Well, we’ve had topics on F1’s coolest and best looking cars, why not have a topic on the worst looking cars. I’ll get us rolling with my top 5.”

Actually it was for bad and good cars :P

Anyway I agree with you. The Brawn livery wasn’t that nice, very boring and when they had 2 different shades of yellow and random sponsors it looked absolutely ghastly.

Polishboy808
    Participant

Well, the cool wall did have “uncool” cars , but this is JUST ugly cars. But yah i see what you mean on that sorry.

Mouse_Nightshirt
    Participant

I never quite understood what the supposed benefit of having the “windsock” (as my friend describes it) on the Ligier JS5. Surely all it’s doing is increasing the cross area of the car?

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Am I the only one who finds none of these cars offensive? Last years McLaren on the other hand…vile.

Ads21
    Participant

I agree with Dan last years McLaren was hideous.

How about the 1996 Ferrari?

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/schu_ferr_spaf_1996_470313.jpg

and thats after they made it look better with a raised wing.

Steph90

Last year’s Mclaren was vile. One of the worst looking cars in a long time. The shape of this year’s is nice but the livery is still appalling.

I actually liked the R29 (livery and shape) and the BMW last year (livery and shape).

I didn’t like the Brawn either. The shape was ok although a bit like a hoover but the livery was rubbish. It was just blank with a funny highlighter going around it. That was boring but then with the new sponsors it became ugly so I agree with Tommy on that front.

Honda Earth car and their 08 one especially bad. I actually don’t like loads of cars from before the rule changes now, I’ve realised quite how fiddly they all are.

Polishboy808
    Participant

The earth car looked good IMO, it was a good Idea, but just executed the wrong way…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.