• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 3 hours, 20 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Unique-format races

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of ob1kenobi.23 ob1kenobi.23 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    DavidS
    Participant

A Monza 500 would be interesting indeed.

How about a series of endurance events held over the year in which the total distance covered is used to determine the endurance champion. It will mean that if a car develops a fault, the team will have to fix it and put the car back out onto the track to continue clocking up the miles.

Maybe they could mandate driver changes, which will force the teams to use their reserve/test drivers in the races, as they will still have to run their two cars. Of course, there will have to be a mandated minimum time in which they are must refuel and change the driver, to avoid compromising safety.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@Prisonner monkey : waw, shortcuts ? I didn’t know of that one ! Mr Ecclestone is a source of incredible ideas isn’t he ?

Yeah, he had the idea that a circuit could have an alternate route that the drivers could take up to five times per race. It was typical a Bernie tactic – he has this idea of what he wants, but he thinks it will be unpopular or difficult to get through. So he puts out an even more outrageous idea (in this case, shortcuts) and hits the negotiation table. The teams (or whoever he is negotiating with) then bargain him down to his original idea, which suddenly doesn’t seem to stupid anymore.

ob1kenobi.23

Kalle, fewer races, blasphemy. I remember in the 50s we seemed to be waiting years for the next race & then we could only read about them.

What I would like to see after the last race of the season would be each of the drivers would drive each of the other teams cars in a practice or quali. style format. Lewis in a Lotus, Seb in a HRT. etc..

I know this would be impossible with seat fittings etc., but I would find it very interesting.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.