• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 day, 7 hours ago

F1 discussion

US Gp?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BasCB BasCB 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Polishboy808
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Any news on the US Gp? It just went dead, no track layout no nothing! Have they forgot?

Profile photo of James_mc
    James_mc
    Participant

I think it’s still in development, I’m sure someone posted a link somewhere (round-up?) recently regarding the funding of the racetrack.

Profile photo of wasiF1
    wasiF1
    Participant

It is schedule for 2012 so I think it will take sometime for everything to organize.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Any news on the US Gp? It just went dead, no track layout no nothing! Have they forgot?

Development. These things do take time. They reportedly have the land, and Hermann Tilke was said to be in Austin buying office space. As of last night, Bernie Ecclestone said he was in New York/Jersey looking at potential sites for a second race, so that at least implies that some progress has been made and Tilke has tome between now and construction. Tavo Hellmund is reportedly going to be at the British Grand Prix to shed light on some more details (it seems he wanted to announce the race and the details as one at the race, but FOM beat him to it), but I don’t have a source. Still, it’s only Wednesday – there’s plenty of time for him to show up.

There is, however, a lot of doubt from fan groups, who think that the Austin race is just going to be a repeat of USF1. These people are mostly confined to the Autosport forums, however, and that’s a pretty toxic place.

Profile photo of BasCB
    BasCB
    Participant

Or maybe a repeat of the Donington British GP bit.

I think (hope) Hellmund will be giving some details this weekend, i am looking forward to that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.