• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 12 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Vettel and Passing

This topic contains 23 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Funkyf1 Funkyf1 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    GameR_K

I beg to differ about the crash, it was the combination of speed (long straight) and running over debris (low grip) that resulted in that infamous Clash-of-the-Bulls. Not to mention WEB’s ‘I-have-the-racing-line’+’Thou-shall-not-pass’ stance. If VET can be blamed for the clash in Turkey, then its HAM’s fault for his DNF in Singapore-10. Also, it wasn’t exactly a CHOP, he just lost the car with nowhere to go.

matt90
    Participant

Those were completely different incidents. Hamilton and Webber were going around a corner (you saw Kubica and someone else have exactly the same moment without the overtaker being ran into), Vettel and Webber were on a straight. It had nothing to do with debris, Vettel just seemed to absent mindedly wonder across Webber’s line. A bit like what Button did to Hamilton in Canada, except he had a reasonable excuse as he couldn’t see Hamilton.

Doance
    Participant

Yeah I think it might have something to do with Red Bull’s speed. Look at Spain this year, Webber was faster than Alonso but it is an impossible track to pass on and his DRS didn’t seem to be doing anything. But when Button activated his DRS he breezed right past Webber.

TommyB
    Participant

@Doance And who did pass in Spain? Vettel.

TommyB
    Participant

I think too many people are making too big an issue of Vettel and his ability to overtake. I suspect that because Vettel is unpopular, those people are trying to find excuses to show that his success is only a result of his car, thereby making his victories mean nothing.

I think people are very bitter that a German driver has come into the sport, taken the ‘Boy Wonder’ title from Hamilton and also looks to become a multiple champion before him.

Some people will never accept that Vettel is a great driver whatever happens in his career.

matt90
    Participant

I know Vettel is a great driver, I just want to see how he does when he doesn’t have it so easy. In my mind Hamilton and (it pains me to say it) Alonso are the best in the sport. If Vettel were to rank along side them I’d want to see how he performs under more difficult situations first.

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

Vettel can’t pass. It’s kind of difficult to pass people when in the lead (which is where Sebastian has spent much of this season)…

damonsmedley
    Participant

Vettel can’t pass. It’s kind of difficult to pass people when in the lead (which is where Sebastian has spent much of this season)…

Precisely.

Anyway, I’m sick of this debate now. It’s just people focusing on one of the few negative aspects about Seb to make sure they feel better about the drivers they like.

Funkyf1
    Participant

The RedBull doesn’t drive well in dirty air, no matter who’s driving it. Its a car that’s built to lead, high on downforce, low on speed.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.