F1

Vettel passed under yellow flag

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

On lap 20 of todays F1 vettel passes Button with yello clearly showing on the BBC footage is he to be penalised for it????

Looks like one rule for Vettel syndrome to me, so he gets away with it again !!!!!

tmekt
    Participant

Well he won’t be penalized for it because no such thing happened.

According to the official timing app on my phone Vettel overtakes Perez on lap 20 but it happens nowhere near Turn 14, where the yellow flags were being waved.

Journeyer
    Participant

@bogget As they say, video or it didn’t happen.

Marc
    Participant

Its in Iplayer look at lap 20 as Vettel Passes Button the yellow is clearly still out and in picture.

@bogget The yellow lap indicator at the top of the screen does not mean the entire course is under yellow flags, it refers to a specific point on the track.

The yellow flags at that time were for Webber’s retirement which took place at turn fourteen. Vettel passed Perez at turn six.

tmekt
    Participant

@bogget – Like I said, it was Perez who he overtook on lap 20 and there were no yellow flags being waved at turn 6 where the maneuver happened. The yellow flags were at turn 14 (the last hairpin) because of Webber’s retirement and that’s nowhere near turn 6. See this for the exact corners I’m referring to: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Shanghai_International_Racing_Circuit_track_map.svg

You do know that yellow flag conditions ONLY apply in the area they are being waved (in this case: the DRS zone on the back straight, turns 14 and 15, and half of the short straight after that)?

mnmracer
    Participant

*has nightmare flashbacks to Brazil*

andae23
    Participant

Flashbacks anyone? I actually thought someone had bumped last year’s thread.

It’s very unlikely there were waved yellows where Vettel overtook Perez, so I don’t see the issue.

EDIT: Ah, @mnmracer beat me to it :P

David-A
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey – Your gif shows yellow flags, but not where Vettel passed Perez (as Keith alluded to).

mnmracer
    Participant

Someone should make this into a flowchart

Vettel overtook under yellow!: An internet guide to dealing with Sebastian Vettel ‘overtaking under yellow’

1. Are you going to post a topic about Sebastian Vettel overtaking another driver under yellow?
    YES > see 2

2. Did the FIA confirm this happened?
    YES > go ahead and post
    NO > see 3

3. Did the media report on this?
    YES > go ahead, but please post only what the media says, add a link, and don’t add your own ‘facts’
    NO > see 4

4. What did you see?
    I saw a yellow flag being waved in the exact sector the overtake took place > go ahead, but please post a video or at least the exact lap and corner
    I saw a yellow bar at the top of the screen > see 5
    I saw a yellow track-light > see 6

5. Did you actually see a yellow flag being waved in the exact sector the overtake took place?
    YES > go ahead, but please post a video or at least the exact lap and corner
    NO > see 6

6. Did you see a yellow track-light during the overtake?
    YES > see 7
    NO > see 8

7. Was the track-light blinking yellow?
    YES > go ahead, but please post a video or at least the exact lap and corner
    NO > it was not a yellow flag, but a warning flag that it can be slippery, see 8

8. Do you have any other evidence to support your claim?
    YES > please go back to 1 until you get the ‘go ahead’
    NO > maybe you should not post it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.