F1

Video: 1997 Benetton totalled in crash with 2007 Champ Car

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nasty crash in a recent BOSS GP race involving Wolfgang Jordan in a 1997 Benetton B197 F1 car and Peter Milavec in a Panoz DP01 Champ Car. The latter was carrying the onboard camera:

Both were unhurt. The race was won by Fritz van Eerd in a 2004 Minardi PS04B. The write-up on the BOSS website describes it as “the debut win for a Minardi car in a FIA authorised racing series”, however I would have thought Michele Alboreto’s Formula Two win at Misano in 1981 would have counted?

Matthijs
    Participant

Horrible driving by both. A horrible racing line in the second Lesmo and a very slow exit initiated the overtaking attempt. He also had no idea he was about to cut off the Benetton. But why did the Benetton try to overtake there? Very risky and not so smart if you have no team to pay for the damage. But if I had to, I put most of the blame on the Panoz-driver.

It’s not easy driving these machines.

Radoye
    Participant

Amateurish. The guy in the camera car never checked his mirrors, as if he was alone on the track, he never knew the Benetton was there until they hit, and the guy in the Benetton should’ve known better not to try to overtake on the inside at Seraglio, since that gap will be closing quickly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.