F1

Villeneuve on Vettel

• This topic has 34 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    magon4
    Participant

Please do delete this thread, Keith, if this has been commented elsewhere on the blog, but I haven’t seen any reference to Jacques Villeneuve’s interview for the german magazine “SportBild”, where he accuses the german of not fighting when he is not leading or doesn’t have the perfect car, in contras to Hamilton and Alonso.
    He states that when things don’t go his way, Vettel loses his concentration, although he is super quick. He doesn’t feel like Vettel gives his all when things do not go his way.
    Very strange remarks, and sadly, in my view, this reflects the view of some.

I believe Vettel to be better under pressure than most, definetely better than Alonso. The end of seasons 2010 and 2012 are testimonial to that. He does not lose his cool.

AdrianMorse
    Participant

Villeneuve is always good for a soundbite, but I think his words, (and those of Lauda, Briatore, et al.) should be taken with a considerable pinch of salt.

he accuses the German of not fighting when he is not leading or doesn’t have the perfect car

Did he not watch the last race of last season? Or two races before it for that matter?

This would be a weak line coming from some anonymous troll but a former world champion should be above it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very interesting…. seems Keith doesn´t want to entertain this as he did the Perez looking after Fernando thread… I wonder why….

sato113
    Participant

didn’t he say this midway through 2012? not recently.

Bendanarama
    Participant

Very interesting…. seems Keith doesn´t want to entertain this as he did the Perez looking after Fernando thread… I wonder why….

What are you trying to imply?

Participant

JV just likes to get people angry with his opinions, so I wouldn’t read too much into it.

plutoniumhunter
    Participant

As sato113 above said, I do remember a mention of this somewhere… A quick search brought this up: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/4643903/Jacques-Villeneuve-blasts-Sebastian-Vettel.html

Dr. Jekyll
    Participant

do you all really feel that vettel excelled that well during the more “hectic” races in 2012?
    I thought he drove like a crash test dummie, demolition derby driver in abu dhabi and brazil… no style, flair or finesse, just using a superior car (which apparently can take a hell of a beating without breaking apart) and the Torro Rossos as helpers

Kingshark
    Participant

@magon4
    Vettel was the one who choked in the final 3 races of 2012, not Alonso. He only won at the end because his machinery was simply better, yet made a lot more mistakes doing it.

@dr-jekyll

do you all really feel that vettel excelled that well during the more “hectic” races in 2012?
    I thought he drove like a crash test dummie, demolition derby driver in abu dhabi and brazil… no style, flair or finesse, just using a superior car (which apparently can take a hell of a beating without breaking apart) and the Torro Rossos as helpers

I agree.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bendana

What are you trying to imply?

I meant to imply that in the other thread, he even took the time to paste the link to the MARCA article. In this thread he automatically dissmissed it and didn´t even paste the link… I guess since it´s about SV he doesn´t feel the need to entertain it… Just shows which way the wind blows with him.
    I realy don´t care much about it but, if your gonna run a site, one should be objective about things and accept all criticism… just saying….

@dr-jekyll

I agree.

+1

Tayyib
    Participant

Alonso, I would say is better under big pressure he always delivers results, Vettel is good under pressure just not as good as others.

matt90
    Participant

“In this thread he automatically dissmissed it and didn´t even paste the link”
    I would assume that is just because one was an interesting comment which a current driver supposedly made about how a team operates, and the other was the worthless ramblings of an old driver who traditionally makes statements that are bizarre, ill-informed, or completely false, and was just an opinion which was not actual news.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think Keith is obligated to track down links to every bit of nonsense that comes out of JV’s mouth and is reported in the tabloids, even if it is something unfavorable about a driver you don’t like, @catracho504. Maybe you could ask the original poster for a link? Or, better yet, Google is your friend. I was able to find it within seconds:

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/formel-1/2013/03/20/jacques-villeneuve/vettel-faehrt-sich-nicht-die-eier-aus-der-hose.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

@matt90

one was an interesting comment which a current driver supposedly made about how a team operates, and the other was the worthless ramblings of an old driver who traditionally makes statements that are bizarre, ill-informed, or completely false, and was just an opinion which was not actual news.

I understand but, that “old driver” is a former world champion… Perez… could be, but not yet…

@aka_robyn

I don’t think Keith is obligated to track down links to every bit of nonsense that comes out of JV’s mouth and is reported in the tabloids,

I somewhat agree with this but the truth of the matter is that, he took the time to look for the link in the other thread because it was about Ferrari and Alonso or for whatever reason… in this case… it´s about Villeneuve and Vettel… Even if it´s rubish, Villeneuve, whether you like it or not, is a former WDC and even though most don´t like what he says sometimes, the same could apply to what other former WDC have said… Example: Jody Sheckter playing down Alonso… I mean seriously…. Jody Sheckter… At least Villeneuve actually raced against Alonso so he has a certain level of reference and Sheckter´s comments were entertained in this site… Coincidence? I think not….
    About google…. I didn´t even look it up because it wasn´t something that I was interested in reading but that is besides the point… The point is that if you are going to run a site and you are going to “speculate” and post links about certain news because it goes against a driver or a team that you might dislike… at least have the nerve to do it when it´s something about the team or driver that you root for aswell… Plain and simple… Be objective about things. Like I said, I really don´t care about the article because I simply tend to avoid reading anything about SV but, others might have been interested in reading about it and thus, he should have done the same…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.