F1

Was Paddy Lowe at the MP4-28 Launch?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mclaren
    Participant

I watched the full coverage of the Mclaren launch and failed to spot Paddy Lowe, that seems a bit strange since he’s the technical director and the man in charge of the design; I think this may suggest the rumours of him joining mercs may just materialise.

Edit: Duplicate thread closed by moderator

Lowe staying at McLaren despite launch no-show

For more information see the forum rules

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I think this may suggest the rumours of him joining mercs may just materialise.

Or he’s got a bad case of gastro and doesn’t want to sit around talking about the car for ages, unless the press are willing to hold a Q&A session in the MTC mens’ room.

andae23
    Participant

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

… “Election”?

I suppose it’s possible Benson mishead and Whitmarsh said something else, but I really don’t want to think of what that something else might be.

Bendanarama
    Participant

No, that does make sense, in a very corporate, formal way.

mclaren
    Participant

By “election” he means that he (Lowe) himself elected to not be present at the launch, but i’ve learnt that in F1, never believe what you hear, remember the reassurances that Hamilton would stay put at Macca?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@mclaren

i’ve learnt that in F1, never believe what you hear

And iIve learnt that in life, you don’t get carried away with reading too much into things. McLaren have already confirmed that Lowe is staying with them throughout 2013.

Force Maikel
    Participant

@Prisoner-Monkeys sure he has been confirmed by McLaren but so was Glock by Marussia

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@force-maikel – And James Allison was rumoured to be moving to Mercedes, but he was confirmed to be staying at Lotus.

Journeyer
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys As I read it, Lowe will stick around for this year, but next year is still an open question. I’m guessing Lowe will still end up at Mercedes, albeit now later rather than sooner. How much of his stay this year would be as a form of gardening leave, I’m not sure. Still, I think Lowe’s absence raised more questions than answers among the media.

If that is correct, McLaren will be in a bit of an odd position. If they can’t win the title themselves, a small part of them might want to root for Mercedes to win. Not so much because of Lewis, but because that would strengthen Ross Brawn’s position there, and lessen their need for a Paddy Lowe…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.