F1

Was Webber aiming for Hamilton?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

I dont want to spark outrage to the Webber fans but simply, when he crashed in Korea and rolled across the track was he hoping to collect Hamilton. he may not have known that rosberg had passed and saw a silver car when he spun. was his thought ‘at least if i take hmilton out while im going out anyways it’s one less person to worry about’. He could have braked, and he didnt. and if you look closely Webber turned the steering wheel aiming for the racing line. Was he hoping he was going to collect Lewis?

Hare
    Participant

cynical.. cynical!! Sherlock!… maybe you’re right though? More drama ;)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Why thank you, someone agrees, if you just look at the footage…. and Webber’s steering wheel…….. and also some people are gunna go ‘he had no control, he had a puncture’ i’ve seeen plenty of races before where there’s been a similair situation and they were able to brake and steer away from the racing line….

Red Andy
    Participant

Yes, Webber risked being T-boned by someone and endangered his life in order to take out someone who wasn’t even his most serious championship contender. Makes perfect sense.

Also, evolution is a lie, man never landed on the moon and Barack Obama is a secret Kenyan Muslim.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

People do stupid things in certain circumstances, look at Piquet in 2008 :/

Red Andy
    Participant

The dangers of being hit by another car are far in excess of the dangers of hitting a wall by yourself. You don’t know exactly where the other car is going to hit you, for example – I wouldn’t want an F1 car travelling at 150mph into the side of my monocoque regardless of how stringent the crash tests are. Remember how Alessandro Zanardi lost his legs or Paul Dana was killed (not F1 but they illustrate the point).

Plus Piquet’s crash was premeditated – he knew what he was doing, whereas Webber presumably didn’t plan to crash. A better comparison would be with Schumacher’s Monaco parking incident, where he made a mess of the last corner and exploited it to disadvantage everyone else as well. And as we know, Schumacher actually avoided doing any damage to his car at all – in those situations self-preservation has to take a high priority. Regardless of the heat of the moment or whatever, Webber would not have risked his life attempting to collect a championship rival.

In short, it’s a very stupid theory.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I dont want to spark outrage to the Webber fans but simply, when he crashed in Korea and rolled across the track was he hoping to collect Hamilton.

I’m sorry, but there’s no other way of putting this – that’s the dumbest thing I’v heard in a long time. First of all, Webber had no way of controlling the car once it crashed. He was just a passenger. Even if he could control the car, he was travelling backwards and couldn’t see who was going by. And secondly, what on earth did he have to gain from hitting Hamilton? If it was his intention to take someone else out, then surely he would have aimed for Alonso, who represented a bigger threat.

ben0058
    Participant

if you watch the footage closly webber has a left rear puncture and when the car slide back on track the front right is off the ground so webber had no wheels to brake with

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope not but I had the same impression. He cut the track very slowly without trying to stop or turning left to avoid causing accidents. I don’t see Webber as someone who would do that, though.

Todfod
    Participant

There are a lot of people who say that he would not put himself in harms way to take out another competitor, but after looking at the onboard footage, I just think Webber could have done a better job of keeping the car off the track. Maybe he was aiming for Fernando, as Fernando did have to hit the brakes a little early and take avoiding action when Webber was back on track.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Racing drivers are competitive animals. Webber doesn’t seem the sort of guy to do that sort of thing, but who knows what was going through his mind? Kind of depends on what lengths he is willing to go to win this championship.

Enigma
    Participant

I don’t see how taking Hamilton out would of helped Webber. Hamilton had a chance of taking points from Alonso or Vettel, who are Webber’s main contenders.

David-A
    Participant

If it was his intention to take someone else out, then surely he would have aimed for Alonso, who represented a bigger threat.

Exactly what I think, PM.

Eggry
    Participant

How can you think he aimed Hamilton? It should be Alonso if he intended!

Icthyes
    Participant

Maybe he went for Alonso and missed, then got speared by Rosberg?

I’m joking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.