F1

Weather in Interlagos…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Atticus
    Participant

…is likely to be wet on Saturday and even more so on Sunday, according to the initial forecast on Formula1.com a week ahead.

I think the only way Alonso could pull out the necessary gap between him and Vettel is rain on both days. A Saturday-only rain will likely not be enough, because even if he starts ahead of Vettel and possibly go ahead to win on a dry Sunday, Sebastian would surely finish in the top 5 in case it remains dry barring a disaster for him on Saturday, like crashing out in Q1. Even so, he is capable of finishing in the top 5 as we’ve seen before.

In a wet race… anything can happen.

So a wet-wet is the only chance, I hope it will stay or be like this by the time the sessions begin.

This is beginning the shape up as a drama already.

raymondu999
    Participant

Weather at Interlagos? Too early. Let’s wait until Thursday. I for one am hoping for a wet race, and the title to be decided on track (not by reliability or stewards)

As usual there will be a look at the weather for the Grand Prix in an article on Thursday by which time the forecasts will be more accurate.

bag0
    Participant

I think we should be cautious. We shouldnt pray for rain, because we might get a lot. Rain would be good for the final, but it should be just showers, because if we have torrential rain, then the race might not last long enough for full scores.

raymondu999
    Participant

@bag0 well you’ve done it now. I’ll do my monsoon dance :P

Frain stermin
    Participant

full wet qualification and full wet race…and who will win will deserve it…

raymondu999
    Participant

For myself personally, I’d love to see Vettel get wet pole and a wet win. IMO there’s a nice symmetry to Vettel winning his 3rd title in the exact same way he won his first race.

Ads21
    Participant

There’s rain predicted every year at Interlagos, we won’t really know what the weather is going to be like until it happens. I’m not going to waste any time worrying about it.

Atticus
    Participant

Well, I think most of the time the forecast one week ahead very roughly matched the eventual conditions at the race weekends. Of course not by minutes, like shower coming at 2:35 PM Saturday, but as a whole: wet weekend or not.

I think it has some relevance to know that rain is a serious possibility and not only some hot air threw in by Alonso or others in the last couple of days.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Ads21 took the words right out of my mouth.

@atticus-2 I think actually Ferrari weren’t too aware of the wet forecast in Brazil!

Enigma
    Participant

Yep, Alonso and his Ferrari seem very good in the wet this year, so it could really help Fernando. He’s yet to be beaten in the wet this year, as he got a win and two poles in the three wet sessions.

Though even in the dry the title’s far from decided…a Vettel retirement is definitely possible, and Fernando only needs a podium then…

raymondu999
    Participant

I think the Red Bull + Vettel combination is an underrated wet package. Vettel probably would’ve been on Hockenheim pole if he hadn’t made a braking mistake into T6. And that was with older tyres…

Thought about this ridiculous but possible scenario: Vettel qualifies on pole, wet race, Vettel crashes out, Alonso in the lead, race red-flagged half way through because of rain, race abandoned. Vettel 273 points – Alonso 272,5. Vettel WDC 2012.

Gabriel
    Participant

@Mustalainen hahaha, too much TV for you.

Atticus
    Participant

@naylamp Actually, as far as the 0.5 point deficit is concerned, it is anything but. Remember, Lauda snatched the 1984 WDC from Prost by that margin in the closest championship in F1 ever.

But yeah, a fun scenario. I think a wet weekend would certianly spice things up, although I am not dare devising scenarios – the reality will be different and more nail-biting than all the permutations, I have this feeling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.