F1

Webber cuts up Vettel after the race

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    TommyB
    Participant

Don’t remember seeing this on the FOM feed. Quite a high speed shop actually with the speed difference of the cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykG06ixh92c

codesurge
    Participant

At least Webber didn’t cut in front and brake check him.

91jb12
    Participant

Live feed just as the camera cut away I saw him veer right. Now i know what it was about

plushpile
    Participant

Will be interesting to see if we hear any more about the chop, or if the conversation stays on teh team orders

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I was Webber…. I would have just fallen back to eleventh… just to teach em a lesson… Even if it means screwing up your own chances at WDC… They need to brake check SV´s ego bad!

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

Lol nice one. I concur with JB ^ it would have been interesting. If not eleventh, at least off the podium by going behind the Mercs.

katederby
    Participant

Maybe he “didn’t mean to do it”…

mnmracer
    Participant

I didn’t see Vettel do this after Silverstone ’11, Abu Dhabi ’12 or Brazil ’12. Makes you wonder who is the 11 year older driver…

wsrgo
    Participant

@mnm…well said,and i agree(perhaps agreeing with you on anything for the first time)

katederby
    Participant

I’m sure after that Webber found it “hard to sleep that night”…

himmatsj
    Participant

Wow, never knew about this till now. And the intent was clear for all to see. I’m sure that rattled Seb’s balls a bit!

mrgrieves
    Participant

That was as bad as what he did in the race. While Vettel made the move on the pit straight and Webber pushed him towards the wall, Quite similar to Schumacher & Barachello in Hungry 2010 except no noises made about it. There’s two incidents of dangerous driving unpunished.

MazdaChris
    Participant

@JB Teach who a lesson? By dropping back he’d hurt his own championship chances, and the chances of the team to win the WCC. The team told Vettel to stay behind him, remember, so the only person at fault as far as Webber is concerned is Vettel. And the only person who wouldn’t be harmed by him dropping back, is Vettel.

Cristian
    Participant

@JB: Rosberg should have done the same. Massa should have done the same…so many times.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cristian

Massa should have done the same…so many times.

What do you think he did for most of 2012??

@mazdachris

Teach who a lesson? By dropping back he’d hurt his own championship chances, and the chances of the team to win the WCC.

There you go…. It would have taught them that he will take maters into his hands as well if they don´t keep the kid´s ego in check and play by team orders.
    The sad thing is… that kid could only get passed Webber avter Mark had mapped down his engine… What a coward that makes him look. It´s like going to a gun fight with a Gatling gun like the terminator and Mark only has a .22 to “defend” himself…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.