F1

Webber to leave Red Bull, says Bild

• This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    magon4
    Participant

Here is the link for german readers_ http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/sebastian-vettel/wird-webber-los-kein-neuer-vertrag-fuer-team-feind-29673672.bild.html

It seems that things got sour in Brazil 2012, and that the whole tension in Malaysia didnt help Webber, ironically. In Interlagos, Webber tried to hinder Vettel twice, something I almost didnt believe when I saw it – these two really hate each other!
    So Bild concludes – no new contract for Webber, and most likely one for either Ricciardo or Vergne.

There being not so much as a blind quote in the article which supports the claim Webber is leaving, do we think there is anything to this?

Bild have been ahead on some stories of late, Glock leaving Marussia for example.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’m inclined to listen to Camp Webber for the time being. Alan Webber says his son will race on, so I’ll believe that for now. But come the end of the year, I doubt Webber will remain with Red Bull – that said, I doubt it will be because of the incident in Malaysia. That will be a factor, but it will probably be one of many.

In the meantime, Red Bull have a new problem: how do they convince anyone to join them if Vettel is willing to ignore orders and rob their new driver of a result?

magon4
    Participant

Bild is mostly spot on, they are a huge tabloid, granted, but their contacts are usually flawless.
    PM, its about the end of the season, not now.
    Yes, I do believe this to be true, and Sky Sport Deutschland is picking it up.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

Thanks for that magon4. I also got the opportunity to read two more irresistible articles..
    1. Britney Spears topless
    2. Justin Bieber strip searched in airport.
    LOL

magon4
    Participant

you mean almost topless…

mnmracer
    Participant

Isn’t there a German newspaper (maybe Bild) that every day has a new topless Frau on page (don’t know the number)?

magon4
    Participant

Yep that was them, they recently stopped that.
    And btw @keithcollantine in this case its not webber quitting rbr, its rbr not renewing his contract (in reference to your tweet).

Journeyer
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys Assuming Red Bull win the titles, there will always be people who’ll want to drive that car. It’s the new poisoned chalice, but even Rubens Barrichello went to Ferrari as Eddie Irvine’s replacement fully knowing what Eddie was there.

In addition, isn’t that what Toro Rosso is for? To provide drivers to Red Bull?

andae23
    Participant

Souds like a lot of speculation: it just says ‘Bild erfuhr’ (‘Bild has heard’ or ‘Bild learned’), without any actual prove for that.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

In addition, isn’t that what Toro Rosso is for? To provide drivers to Red Bull?

Toro Rosso was created to give young drivers a chance in Formula 1 with a view to having them move to Red Bull if they made good on their potential. However, that doesn’t mean that moving on to Red Bull is a foregone conclusion. As we saw with McLaren and Sergio Perez, a team does not have full control over a driver’s career trajectory. A driver at Toro Rosso might be given the choice between moving to Red Bull or leaving the sport, but there is nothing to prevent them from moving to another team if another team genuinely want them.

Paul Barrass
    Participant

In all honesty, who would expect him to? I was surprised to see him there this year….

magon4
    Participant

@andea23 for BILD that usually means quite a lot. But we will see.

andae23
    Participant

Didn’t Bild also break the Wolff to Mercedes, Glock/Marussia and Lowe to Mercedes stories first earlier this year?

magon4
    Participant

yep!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.