F1

What could we have as a lasting tribute to Jules

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry if this overlaps into other discussions on the subject (I’m sure Keith C will say if it does), but I’m wondering what would work as a lasting tribute to Jules Bianchi within the world of F1?

As an immediate thing, could they leave the pole position spot empty at the Hungarian race this weekend on his behalf, and have all the drivers line up from P2 to 21 grid slots instead.

Any thoughts?

sam3110
    Participant

Will never happen, but I’d like to see one off liveries on the Ferrari cars, with the entire car painted black with the sponsors in plain white, and a big #JB17 on every car.

Or, every car is numbered “17” for the Hungarian Grand Prix

sam3110
    Participant

Sorry should say Ferrari powered cars, so Manor, Sauber and Ferrari

barkun
    Participant

I would like to see, from next season Manor F1 being renamed as Manor-Bianchi Racing (or better just Bianchi Racing)… after all its thanks to him that the team is still competing.

HUHHII
    Participant

Disallowing using the car number 17 in the future.

Nick
    Participant

Retiring both car number 17 and the name ‘BIA’ in the FOM graphics for at least a few years would be nice.

Something else to remember him by could be in the form of his initials on a car or chassis, like JS with Ligier for Jo Schlesser or DW in Indycar for Dan Wheldon.

Ivan Vinitskyy
    Participant

I think it’s time to move on, lessons were learned, people said what they wanted to say. So many other people are dying every day around the world yet you think spending money on tributes is better…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@barkun – love your idea: I might suggest it to the team on their Facebook page, unless you plan on doing it?

@ivan-vinitskyy
    – we mourn anyone who dies prematurely, regardless of their walk of life. But the fact is we are F1 fans, and we want a way to mark the effect this man has had on our lives especially as he was only 25-years-old.

barkun
    Participant

@Rodney… go right ahead :)… although I suspect that the commercial aspect will take over and it wont happen (naming a chassis as suggested by @Nick would be more realistic).

Nick
    Participant

@ivan-vinitskyy You think the families, friends and perhaps fans of all those other people who die wouldn’t like a tribute to their fallen loved one? How odd we want a tribute for a driver in the sport we liked, normally people just throw their deceased in the bin, grab a pen and cross their name off the door.

Disallowing using the car number 17 in the future.

Stuff like this strikes me as tokenism. If you’re going to make a tribute, do it properly. It’s not as if 17 was associated with Bianchi the way 27 is with Villeneuve.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

I would like to see a lap of honour prior to the race at Hungary, fronted by the two Marussias. In addition, I would like to see a lap of applause from the crowd during lap 9.

Alfie
    Participant

Or, every car is numbered “17” for the Hungarian Grand Prix

Imagine that. Drive through penalty for car 17, no?
    Honestly though, @sam3110 you seem a bit hysterical on the matter. Yes we ought to remember Bianchi, but something a bit more appropriate (and less ‘token’ like retiring his number) like a lap of honour would be nice, and is more likely to happen. F1 also seems fond of its minutes silences so we’ll probably get one of those.

Mathers
    Participant

I’d like to see one of the pit garages in Hungary opened up but left empty with Bianchi’s name over the door as a tribute.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.