F1

What does 1 point cost?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wasiF1
    Participant

Couple of years back my mom asked how much does F1 driver earn by winning & by coming second & third as she is a fan of both football & cricket as she knew that the team who wins earn more that the team finishing second & third.

This is what I understand. The drivers brings sponsor with him to the team & the team takes all the money that the drivers earn from the race instead they are paid a certain amount yearly, that means the drivers are not getting any money directly to whatever they wins & lose,even a driver is under-performing then he still get paid what was in the contract at the beginning of the season.

So how much does the team earns from race result. I have heard that in the new points system one single point cost £20,000 & in the old point system which was there last year it used to earn £100,000 per point the team scored.

AM I RIGHT?

Macca
    Participant

I’m not sure, but Ferrari found out that 7 points costs $100 000. :)

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I don’t know the in’s and out of exactly how much winning a point is worth – in fact I find it quite amusing that for a sport holding races called ‘Grand Prix’ and a sport where a LOT of money is involved, no-one actually really knows how much drivers win.

I know that certain drivers will have certain performance clauses in their contracts – for instance, Renault may pay Kubica a bonus if he finishes on the podium, while the Toro Rosso drivers could well recieve a bonus for scoring points, for instance. (Massa might even have a healthy paycheck going into his account for letting Alonso past, hehe)

It’s always been something that’s intrigued me as well actually, so I’d also be interested to hear if anyone has some more specific information.

The exact amounts drivers get paid as a salary is often just a rough estimate, so as for how much they get paid, either by their team or the FIA, for finishing in certain places in a race or by the end of the season would be very hard to find out unless you’re really in the know.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I’m not sure if that’s how it works. I assumed money is only given out at the end of the year, depending on final constructors positions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.