F1

What Hamilton or Rosberg must do to win the 2014 championship at Abu Dhabi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tjuk
    Participant

Here’s what Hamilton or Rosberg must do to win the 2014 championship at the Abu Dhabi race:

If Hamilton scores no points (334), Rosberg must finish 5th or higher to win (337).
    It Hamilton is 10th (336), Rosberg must finish 5th or higher to win (337).
    It Hamilton is 9th (338), Rosberg must finish 4th or higher to win (341).
    It Hamilton is 8th (342), Rosberg must finish 3rd or higher to win (347).
    It Hamilton is 7th (346), Rosberg must finish 3rd or higher to win (347).
    It Hamilton is 6th (350), Rosberg must finish 2nd or higher to win (353).
    It Hamilton is 5th (354), Rosberg must finish 1st to win (367).
    It Hamilton is 4th (358), Rosberg must finish 1st to win (367).
    It Hamilton is 3th (364), Rosberg must finish 1st to win (367).
    It Hamilton is 2nd (370), Rosberg cannot win.
    It Hamilton is 1st (384), Rosberg cannot win.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Interestingly, under the non double points rule, Lewis would only have needed to finish 6th to take the title.

Simon Paffett
    Participant

Somehow this make Rosberg look like he has an advantage. O.o

Also you put “It” instead of “If” for all but the first of the points :p

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

2nd in a Mercedes is like a normal 6th place finish, lol. I estimate a 0.75-1s per lap race pace advantage from Interlagos. Perhaps, even in an 18 car grid, Lewis could get back up to 2nd from the back.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

I don’t see anything being any threat to jepoardise either Merc, except the reliability.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

Nobody will be on the same page as Mercedes at Abu Dhabi. On paper it just screams the perfect Mercedes track (as most do), it’s Hamilton’s to lose but it will likely come down to reliability. Just bring the car home in second place and that will be sufficient. I wouldn’t risk going all-out for the win.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Should be easy for Lewis; qualify 2nd behind Rosberg, then shadow him the whole race without pushing the car too hard. But you know Lewis won’t want to do that. Will be interesting to see if he can resist the temptation to stress the car by trying to win – when he doesn’t even need to …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Regarding Toto’s comments (about his dislike of double points finale), and just to start a silly conspiracy theory (personally I’m not fond of them), let’s imagine Hamilton retires, let’s say, on lap 1 or 10, I mean, early laps. Would Mercedes pitcrew get an order to handicap Nico’s car as well? A super-long pitstop? An unsafe release or any other stuff in order to avoid the scandal that would be to have Rosberg champion because of the Abu Dumbi rule? I know teams want to win, but at the same time, both championships are already secured by Mercedes. Wouldn’t they do what it takes to avoid a perpetual stain on the championships they have worked so hard for throughout all this season?

hunocsi
    Participant

If Hamilton retires and Rosberg finishes in the top 2, then Rosberg wouldn’t win because of the double points. And also, they wouldn’t do something like that unless they want Rosberg to leave the team immediately. And even if he won because of double points it wouldn’t be a stain on the team, it could be rather on the FIA, Bernie, or whoever agreed to this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.