F1

What if Vettel crashed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Macca
    Participant

Here’s a great what if for you. What if Vettel went a couple of meters wider. It would have meant…

1. Vettel, who led the race for every (69) laps, crashes on the last lap.

2. Button, who pitted 6 times and had a drive through penalty, who wasn’t even on the back of the train with 30 laps to go wins.

3. Webber, who was turned around in the first corner comes back to take a brilliant second.

4. Schumacher, a 41 year old takes his first podium since his come back.

This was already a race for the ages, but if Vettel was just a few meters wider it could have been the greatest ever race in the history.

jsw11984
    Participant

I completely agree, I like Red Bull but when I saw Vettel going off line, I was praying for a full spin to allow Schumacher onto the podium

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

What if Webber, Button and Schumacher all took each other out and Vettel spun out completely?

Macca
    Participant

What if Webber, Button and Schumacher all took each other out and Vettel spun out completely?

Then HRT would have been in the points!

Icthyes
    Participant

…it would have been better for the championship!

Journeyer
    Participant

Macca, the moment Vettel started spinning, I was thinking the exact same thing. Vettel’s too good for that, though.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Then HRT would have been in the points!

Exactly. The podium would have seen Petrov with his first win, Massa come second and Kobayashi third. Both Hispania and Virgin would score points, moving Team Fernandes back to last in the WCC.

My point is that it’s pointless to speculate because there are any number of possible permutations and combinations to go through. What if the race had been dry? What if there had been a proper start? What if Button had never made a mistake coming out of the chicane and Hamilton never hit him?

ed24f1
    Participant

If it had been 2008, Vettel may well have been out of the race, as that was a gravel trap, not a tarmac run-off back then.

Macca
    Participant

My point is that it’s pointless to speculate because there are any number of possible permutations and combinations to go through. What if the race had been dry? What if there had been a proper start? What if Button had never made a mistake coming out of the chicane and Hamilton never hit him?

It’s just a bit of fun, no need to be a wet blanket mate.

Mark Hitchcock
    Participant

“no need to be a wet blanket mate.”

You might be asking a bit much there Macca!

sato113
    Participant

VET- 143

BUT- 101

WEB- 97

HAM- 85

ALO- 69

Or if HAM had won instead of BUT (and VET crashed)

VET- 143

HAM- 110

so things can change pretty quickly…

Anonymous
    Inactive

it was an amazing save though…i believe alonso would have passed him long before then though had he not been nudged into the wall in that racing incident

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.