F1

Where can one get old Formula One seasons?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Sohaib Ahmad
    Participant

Hi there! I wanted to ask about old formula 1 seasons. Especially the 90s and 00s, where can i get them? And i mean full seasons, not season reviews. Is there any way i can download them? and how much would it cost? can i get them for free?????

the_sigman
    Participant

Go on vimeo and search ”(the year you want) round”
    If you want a particualar race put its number next to ”round”

Journeyer
    Participant

You can also look at Youku (China’s answer to YouTube). Actually watching the 2000 Australian GP there now. For downloads, there is a motorsport torrent site, but they don’t really like people publicizing it, so you’ll need to research to find that site.

Sohaib Ahmad
    Participant

I dont know if its me but Ive searched on vimeo and i didnt find any complete races. ive searched as you said, but nothing……..can you please clarify?

the_sigman
    Participant

Sorry I meant soku :( . I’ll now give you a search.
    http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_2004%20Round
    So here are most of the 2004 races.

Journeyer
    Participant

Soku and Youku are one and the same site now, so we had the same answer. Hehe. Enjoy!

Sohaib Ahmad
    Participant

Thanks guys. Its better than nothing, although vid quali is not the best. i also found a torrent site, which asks not to mention its name……..Thats kind of weird, isnt it?

volga

i had acquired some 15 full seasons via public torrent sites like the pirate bay. it was all 90s and 00s.

Lots of them are still available to buy. Pre-2003 is mostly videotape apart from the (unofficial) Brunswick reviews of 1970-1980:

Official F1 Season Reviews

Journeyer
    Participant

@sohebbasharat It’s the best-kept secret in motorsport. Don’t worry about seeders – there’ll be more than enough. ;) But I prefer sites like Soku because I like getting what I want on demand.

Sohaib Ahmad
    Participant

@Journeyer
    Any idea why its kind of secretive? this torrent site..
    I also wanted to ask another thing , i dont know whether i should start another thread……….
    Is there a stat about the average starting position of the race winner over the years?? It would be interesting to see whether its become easier or difficult over the years to win a race given a particular starting position….

Journeyer
    Participant

@sohebbasharat One simple reason: They don’t want to get taken down. :)

As for average starting position, there are some F1 stats sites out there (FORIX, for example). But I don’t know if anyone’s done a study on that. Start a new thread and ask it there – you may find some people that can help you find some answers. Would definitely be very fascinating to find out.

Sohaib Ahmad
    Participant

Thanx a lot

Roald
    Participant

Can anyone send me a link of that website through personal message?

Roald
    Participant

Bump, anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.