F1

Where F1 Fanatic readers are from

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author

I’ve had a few questions about this recently so I thought I should share some data on it.

As you’d expect, the readership of F1 Fanatic is largely composed of people from countries where English is the main language.

Based on data from Google, here is a breakdown of F1 Fanatic visitors by region over the past month (%):

United Kingdom 33.02

United States 12.29

Australia 6.33

Canada 3.38

Poland 2.84

India 2.43

Netherlands 2.23

Spain 2.14

Brazil 2.11

Germany 1.98

Italy 1.71

France 1.51

Singapore 1.5

Greece 1.24

Sweden 1.19

Belgium 1.17

Japan 1.15

Ireland 1.13

Malaysia 0.99

Hungary 0.94

Finland 0.74

Portugal 0.7

Croatia 0.67

Russia 0.66

Indonesia 0.63

Romania 0.63

New Zealand 0.63

South Africa 0.62

Philippines 0.6

Denmark 0.6

Bulgaria 0.57

Czech Republic 0.56

China 0.49

Argentina 0.48

Slovenia 0.44

Turkey 0.44

Hong Kong 0.42

Mexico 0.42

Switzerland 0.39

Serbia 0.37

Norway 0.36

Ukraine 0.35

Slovakia 0.34

United Arab Emirates 0.32

Estonia 0.3

Malta 0.26

Latvia 0.26

Austria 0.26

Unknown 0.79

Other 4.4

In total, people visited F1 Fanatic from 203 different countries. Here are the 17 that sent just one visitor last month: Northern Mariana Islands, Timor-Leste, Swazilan, Guinea-Bissau, Chad, Lesotho, Montserrat, Tajikistan, Burundi, Christmas Island, Burkina Faso, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Sierra Leone, French Guiana, Cape Verde, Kiribati and the Solomon Islands.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Yeah, Latvia!

How bad should I feel that I had to Google ‘Lesotho’?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

What, that tiny little country of two million people landlocked by South Africa, the only country in the world to be entirely within the boundaires of another?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aside from San Marino, of course!

damonsmedley
    Participant

I don’t know about everyone else, but I find this quite interesting!

roberttty
    Participant

Singapore’s 13th on the list! Not bad at all!

Icthyes
    Participant

The Vatican too surely?

Interesting to see the amount of Ferrari fans here when only 1.7% of visitors are from Italy itself and nearly a third are from the UK – I think it says a lot about our attitude to sport.

George
    Participant

That’s really quite surprising, I was expecting more from the UK (considering it is a .co.uk site), and less from the US.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Hey, my estimates weren’t that far off! https://www.racefans.net/forum/topic.php?id=273

It’s incredible to see some of the countries on that list. In fact, it’d be easier to see which countries don’t make this list. I’m surprised South Korea isn’t anywhere on that list, that doesn’t bode well for the Grand Prix attendance. And presumably no one accessed the website from North Korea either- although if you’re reading this in Pyongyang right now, big kudos!!

Ned Flanders
    Participant

roberttty- Remember this data is only from the past month, when Singapore has F1 fever. Presumably it would usually be much further down the list

PS, looking at the list I’m also amazed how few readers there are from Austria. I thought Austrians like F1, especially since an Austrian team is doing so well. Although whether Red Bull receive any patriotic support is doubtful

Victor.
    Participant

Poland being the first country after all the English-speaking ones is quite a surprise to me. So is the US being second, and Germany and Italy being rather far down. I suspect the Germans and Italians read their own sites, whilst the a large part of the Poles that visit this site live in the UK. They might also be the type of people who google articles on Kubica and vote for him in polls no matter what. I am quite positive that only a fraction of them actually posts regularly.

Interesting stuff Keith – way to interrupt my essay-writing :).

Ciaran
    Participant

Incredible statistics,don’t even know where some of them countries even are.I thought no one lived in Montserrat anymore.

It’s a bit suprising that Ireland’s 18th.I thought it would be much higher.

I was expecting more from the UK (considering it is a .co.uk site)

A lot of people make that assumption.

Fer no.65
    Participant

GOOOO ARGENTINA :D!!!

0.01 more and we’ll overtake the most populous state in the world :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.