F1

Where to now for Lucas di Grassi?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tom L.
    Participant

What do you think the future holds for Di Grassi? Could he pick up a drive at HRT? Or a reserve role for another team? Which would be most beneficial to his career? Or should he maybe concentrate on other series – and if so, where?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe a role as a test driver for the Hispania Racing Team beckons……

ed24f1
    Participant

I don’t think a HRT drive is likely unless he can suddenly find some sponsorship dollars.

I’d say back into GP2 for a year, where he has a good chance of winning due to a relatively inexperienced field, and then see what happens this time next year.

wasiF1
    Participant

Just like Grosjean he too will be lost from F1.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Fórmula Truck, most likely, but Superleague Formula and AutoGP are options in Europe.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I’d be trying to join Air Asia in GP2, because the Air Asia GP2 drivers will be the Lotus Racing third drivers in 2011. That way, if Kovalainen or Trulli go UA, I’d be able to step up to the plate. And since Trulli only has a season or two left in him, it would be easy to get back into a race seat full-time.

Polishboy808
    Participant

Indy cars, He’d fit in with other failed f1 drivers and european open wheel disasters!

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

PM makes a really valid point there, as Fauzy was dropped from the 1Malaysia programme. Still, all the other ousted Brazilian F1 drivers are either in Fórmula Truck or Brazilian V8 Stock Cars, and di Grassi lacks an attractive wallet, so to me, Brazil seems most likely if he doesn’t return to GP2, which he’s already made a career of.

Bleu
    Participant

I don’t see GP2 return likely – he has done enough there. I can see him joining Indycars some day, as the series has been quite attractive for the Brazilians for a long time.

zomtec
    Participant

As he is not good enough for F1, I don´t care about his future.

SteveMovieVoice
    Participant

He deserves an f1 test role, Renault were really impressed with his development work with them.

On a seperate note, do you think McLaren will take up de la Rosa again, they may find his experience on pirelli tyres useful, even if the tyres he tested are not the final product.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Interesting question on de la Rosa. He’s getting on a bit, and there’s not much room (if any) for none race drivers to test for the big teams, so I suspect not. If he doesn’t get the Hispania seat then he’ll be off to DTM or somewhere.

And on di Grassi- I’m not sure, but I’d be amazed if he gets another shot at F1. He falls into the ‘good but not quite good enough’ category along with the likes of Klien and Petrov and Buemi

jihelle
    Participant

Di Grassi should do like Davidson and many others and go to Le Mans Series, this is where the action is going to be in the coming years.

Icthyes
    Participant

Dole office. Or in reality, IRL/GT.

I feel sorry for him, but not for me.

Polishboy808
    Participant

Dole? Dont they make canned peaches?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.