F1

Which racing series has the best calendar?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just looking at what races are left this year and it struck me that GT1 has a really great calendar:

http://gt1world.com/calendar

Great international breadth – better than F1’s – and a good mix of different types of circuit. I’m no great fan of Yas Island or Brno, but they’re distinctive. And I can’t find much negative to say about the rest, though of course I wish by ‘Nürburgring’ they meant ‘Nordschleife’.

What other racing series have good calendars? How does F1’s stack up?

scunnyman
    Participant

how about a combination of calendars from different series, so we could get a very eclectic selection of circuits on the F1 season?

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Formula Renault 3.5. I love Motorland Aragon, and it also includes some of my favorite circuits like Monaco and Spa. It features a lot of F1 circuits, along with Brno, which is a unique and historic circuit. The calendar itself is convenient, with one to two races per month, and it doesn’t always coincide with F1 and GP2, and with nine rounds with two races each, it actually is easy to follow, and I think it’s an overall great calendar.

glue
    Participant

Nascar

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I’m not sure any one series has a particularly great calendar. Each championship has it highlights…

Moto GP: Laguna Seca, Phillip Island, Mugello, Assen etc

IndyCar: Indianapolis, Watkins Glen, Long Beach

GT1: Portimao, San Luis, Paul Ricard

F1: Spa, Monaco, Suzuka, Melbourne, Interlagos etc

NASCAR: Road America, Montreal, Daytona

Add them all together and you get quite a calendar!

TommyB
    Participant
    Dan Thorn
    Participant

GT1 Does have a brilliant calendar of tracks – in fact I think the whole series has a lot going for it.

Do historic series count? They only go to good tracks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.