• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 4 hours, 2 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Who’s quickest?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of JamieFranklinF1 JamieFranklinF1 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jake
    Participant

I’m not sure who has the fastest car, but here’s my prediction of the Aus GP grid:

1. Hamilton
    2. Grosjean
    3. Rosberg
    4. Alonso
    5. Webber
    6. Raikkonen
    7. Vettel
    8. Maldonado
    9. Button
    10. Massa
    11. Di Resta
    12. Perez
    13. Sutil
    14. Bottas
    15. Hulkenburg
    16. Ricciardo
    17. Gutierrez
    18. Vergne
    19. Bianchi
    20. Pic
    21. Chilton
    22. Van De Garde

I’m not necessarily sure the Merc is the fastest car, but I think Hamilton and Rosberg are great qualifiers, and they both seem very comfortable with the car so will be able to push it right to the limit.

For me, Red Bull are struggling a little. It’s been said many times that RB don’t run any lighter than 70kg in testing. Even if this is the case, and we assume that Rosberg had about 10kg when he did his lap, 60kg only counts for 2 seconds of the 2.384 gap between the 2.

Mclaren have a car that they are struggling to get “just right” in terms of set-up etc. and unfortunately for them, they have 2 drivers that need it to be “just right”.

The great thing is that as I went throug the grid, I was constantly thinking “maybe they should be higher”, but I couldn’t find anyone who I thought would drop down in their place, showing just how close it will hopefully be this season!

Jon Sandor

“I feel that the order will be something like this:

1. McLaren
    2. Red Bull
    3. Ferrari”
    4. Lotus”

That sounds about right to me. I expect McLaren and RB to be the strongest teams over the course of the season. I think Ferrari will qualify better but finish worse than last year. Mercedes may well be strong in qualifying (as they were at the start of last season) but they have yet to show that they have good pace in actual races.

Antonio Nartea
    Participant

I think Melbourne will look like this:

1. Mercedes
    2. Red Bull
    3. McLaren
    4. Ferrari
    5. Lotus
    6. Williams
    7. Sauber
    8. Force India
    9. Torro Rosso
    10. Marussia
    11. Caterham

However, I expect things to settle down after 3 or 4 races and by the end of the season it should all look like this:

1. Red Bull
    2. Ferrari
    3. Mercedes
    4. McLaren
    5. Williams
    6. Lotus
    7. Sauber
    8. Torro Rosso
    9. Force India
    10. Marussia
    11. Caterham

I don’t know why but I think Lotus will be the ones caught off guard this year, since they are already a bit over-confident. That’s never a good sign. Williams look genuinely fast and I reckon they’ll get right in the mix once they manage to fully understand the tyres and once Bottas gets the hang of it. I expect Force India to take a blow in the midst of all the financial issues which will hinder their development programme in mid-season and I reckon Key’s Torro Rosso will take advantage. And Caterham are toast, for sure. Marussia look better on track for now and Bianchi will probably prove to be a much better choice than both Pic and Van Der Garde combined. I don’t expect any of these two to score a point though, unless one of the rookies decides to start a rampage and takes half the field out in St. Devote or La Source.

I’ll probably be dead wrong but…it’s for fun. :)

Michael
    Participant

We all know that the Ferraaa-aari is 2 uh-billion times better this year so the races should be over in the blink of an eye as Alonso crosses the finish line before anyone hits the first corner:-)

Anonymous

bump

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Oh, how I over-estimated McLaren this year…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.