F1

Why are people unhappy that Seb broke team orders?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    himmatsj
    Participant

Ok, so in the past, we have been unhappy in cases where team orders have been issues. Case in point, Germany 2010 with Ferrari. Why then are people unhappy that today a driver went against team orders? Shouldn’t we be celebrating?

I don’t think we should, and here’s why:

On the podium interview, Seb said things like “I’m sure we (implying him and Webber) are happy with the result today” and kept on harping about how it was a good result for the team. Even when confronted by Brundle regarding the team order disobeyment, he sidestepped the issue, almost as if he didn’t feel he needed to do the explanation and the team would come to his aid later on.

However, I would have respected Seb if he stood up for himself (which he didn’t). He could have at the very least owned up he disobeyed team orders. He could have said he has the championship in mind. He could have said that Webber himself doesn’t follow team orders.

But matter of fact is he side-stepped the issue and that is why I am none too pleased with Seb’s antics today.

PS: Case in point. Had Webber done this instead, I am pretty sure he’d have stood up for himself and say things like “we always agree to race freely and cleanly”.

Edit: Duplicate thread closed by moderator

Vettel apologises to Webber: “It’s not a victory I’m proud of”

For more information see the forum rules

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.